General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

New Head Unit. No Heat, or AC

Old 05-12-2008, 07:30 PM
1st Gear
Default New Head Unit. No Heat, or AC

Alright heres the deal. when i bought the car is had already had the stock head unit removed and replaced by a kenwood cd/mp3 unit. it worked exactly how it was supposed to. i have a jensen vm9311. from my previous car, this is a better radio then the kenwood so i wanted to swap it out. i removed the kenwood to see that it was connected to the 12v constant, the 12v accsessory, and the ground. (disregard the speaker wires) now, i disconnected the kenwood. and then hooked up the Jensen exactly the same way the kenwood was hooked up, only to find out with the use of a test light that the 12v accessory is no longer hot when the key is turned. this is where i run into my first problems. while im back there i decide to poke around and find another accessory in the stock harness that wasn't being use for the kenwood. so i thought it would be harmless to cut and use that. it worked. but now, my climate control doesn't work, no fan, no temp, no auto, nothing at all. all of the plugs behind the climate control are plugged in. i even put the wire i cutback to where it was going.not that it was connected in the first place but that didn't work. so heres my problem. my 12v accessory is not hot anymore? im not sure why, the fuses aren't blown. and now my climate control doesn't work. anyone have any ideas?

Old 05-13-2008, 08:41 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: New Head Unit. No Heat, or AC

also. the fog lightsand the outside temperature read out in the dash don't work. so maybe someone knows where all of those are connected so i can go from there?