General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

noobie needing help with oil getting to coils??????

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 11:55 PM
1st Gear
Question noobie needing help with oil getting to coils??????

hey guys, imma noob with the audis so bare with me...just bought a '00 1.8t quattro, and its got a bad oil leak...the guy i bought it from said it needs valve cover gasket...anyway second day i have the car, i drive maybe 15 miles..i go into the dmv to register it, come back out and it wouldnt start, no crank or nuttin...so i call the dude and he said that bc the v.c.g. was bad there was oil leaking down into where the coil packs connect to spark plug causing the problem and no spark was why it wasnt starting...i took all 4 coilpacks out and sure enough each one had oil on the tips..i dryed them off cleaned the oil out put em back, and the car started and ran fine...next day i changed the v.c.g. but today i checked coil packs and sure as **** still oil down there????? im curious if anyone can tell me is there anything else that would cause oil to get down into where the coils connect to the spark plugs besides the v.c.g.??? im psyched to have this car but bummed bc i think it might be a big problem i jus inherited...can anyone help??....sorry so long..thanks