General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

oil still leak after service

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 02:31 AM
Default oil still leak after service

Hello All,

This is my first post and I don’t know too much about auto mechanical things.

I went to dealer to fix the engine oil leak last week. What they did is to replace cam adj gkts, cam bore plugs and front prop shaft seal. But I feel the problem is not solved. Oil is leaking on the ground. If lifting the car to see bottom, oil is everywhere down the bottom. I went back dealer and this is its explanation:

Car has had oil leaks for a while so bottom side gets a crusty residual on it. Mechanic use some kind of fluid to melt the residual. So the oil leaks I saw is actually residual melting...And I can come back to let them to clean it every two weeks.

I really doubt about this saying. Any experienced friend help me, is it possible?
In addition, the engine is vibrating badly at idle status after its service. Dealer told me it is because the mechanic adjusted Engine Mount. The minor purple fluid leak is from engine mount. I don’t need to worry about it too much...

Is it true? Idon’t know if engine mount configuration can be adjusted? Thank you guys

Old 02-22-2008, 10:32 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: oil still leak after service

It doesn't sound right, look for a new mechanic. If you drove 200 + miles since the service, you shouldn't have oil leaking onto the ground anymore. You can always do an engine shampoo, they if it's still showing oil on the ground, they didn't do the seals right.
Lots of Audi owner's had these seals repaired and shortly after no more oil leaking out.