General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Possible Broken Turbo???

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 11:56 PM
Default Possible Broken Turbo???

I had to sign up for this forum because I just bought a 99 1.8TQ within the last month and this past week I added intake, Hagus M3 mirrors and a Neuspeed chip from greedspeed.com. However, when I installed the ecu with the chip, the car did not seem to perform any better than before I had the chip.
I found the same exact A4 for a friend of mine and had him come over yesterday to compare our cars' performance. His definitely shifted better and a lot accelerated faster. One other thing that I have noticed is that when I first hit the gas from an idle position it takes about 2-3 seconds for the car to really respond. I have limited knowledge about cars, but I am thinking that something may be wrong with my turbo or it might be something else???? Especially since the chip was ineffective.
I just bought the car and so if anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. If the turbo is jacked I dont want to go ahead and invest anymore in this car, I would rather sell it.
Thanks everyone