General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Possible Transmission computer module issue....

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 08:35 PM
1st Gear
Default A4 Transmission Control Module???

Help!!

I just purchased an '03 A4 3.0 Cabriolet this past May. The car has 94,000 miles on it and was driving fine until this past wknd. At a stop sign, suddenly all of the PRND lights lit up and upon acceleration, the car seemed to slip out of gear. After moving thru the gears a few times, I was able to eventually get the car back into drive, but only in TipTronic mode. Drove all the way home this way.

Once home, I decided to drive around the neighborhood to see if I could figure anything out. I started the car (it sounded a little different than normal) backed down the driveway, put the car in drive and it would not go into gear, at all. All of the PRND lights still on and flashing.

Spoke with someone at the dealership and he suggested that it could be the Transmission or the TCM. Would like to know if there's anything else it could possibly be before I have it towed in. Being a female, unfortunately does not usually weigh in my favor when I take a car in for repairs.

Any other ideas on what the problem could be??

Last edited by sondrajwilliams; 12-26-2013 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Wrong Title
Old 12-27-2013, 07:14 AM
Tech Certified

I is all a guessing game with out fault codes stored inside the TCM (transmission control module). You will need a scanner capable of reading the codes. Once the codes are read then diagnosis can begin.