General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Power Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 04:01 PM
1st Gear
Default Power Issue

Hi guys.
I'm having a hard time with my car. When I put the gas full down (accelerating) for a long period of time, after a couple of seconds the car run out of power, no boost, and it goes to what it seems to be limp mode (no more than 56mph). No EPC light after that.
Connecting it to Vag-com I get the following codes:
P0444, P0034, P0250 and P0095.

Other thing that happens is that sometimes at cold start it start rough, ramping RPMs up and down for a couple of seconds and after that it normalizes turnin on the EPC light leaving the car in limp mode, but if I turn off the car and back on, it start normally. This happens sometimes on normal starts(non cold start) but without RPM issues. Again i have to wait a moment, turn it off and back on and it turns the light off. Seems to be a lambda sensor issue, but doing a realtime scan, I can see it's not stuck.

The bought this car a month ago at the dealer and they did not know that the car has a repro. Asking here and there a unitronic representative told me that this car was modified basck in 2010 with Stage 1+.
The car comes with a partial warranty that involves Engine and Transmission, so I took the car to the dealer and let them fix it and now it is there for more than a week without success. They said that the lambda sensors are good. Today they will change the high pressure fuel pump to see what happens.

I'm new in Audi cars, but I had an Opel Vectra before and this is way different. What I can guess, based on the codes, can it be an electrical problem that somehow when I put run the car at full gas it run out of energy on some lines?
Does anyone know WTH is going on with my car?
Thanks!

Old 01-20-2014, 04:05 PM
1st Gear

I had this issue with my 01 S4, It was a crack in the downpipe from the turbos, they would leak boost and the car would "fall on its face". Maybe that would help?

Old 01-22-2014, 02:41 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 335iNavyGuy
I had this issue with my 01 S4, It was a crack in the downpipe from the turbos, they would leak boost and the car would "fall on its face". Maybe that would help?
It happens when I'm running over 87 mph for a long period of time, say 1 minute. I can sprint to 120 mph and nothing happens, but if I stay at that speed, it will drop power. I have a podi installed, and it shows that loss of power instantly. It drops to someting like 20 Hg, just like when in iddle. When I'm running at 87, it drops to 60 mph and recovers power again. The dealer changed the high pressure fuel pump, that one located behind the camshaft just after the top engine cover holder. Still doing the same.
Is this the same as yours?