General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

"prnd"flashing on dashboard a4,a6,a8 solution

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 04:14 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs up "prnd"flashing on dashboard a4,a6,a8 solution

Hi guys i been working for audi dealer for someyears and every time i hear those "prnd" flashing on dashboard,lose of power,car stall on d or r , code like range perfomance,output sensor,speed sensorl,or any other related code with cvt tranny .we know exactly what to do replaced the tcm or transmission control module there is no way around about this electric failure in the cvt tranny ,so you can do two thing if this happend to you on your car before going from one shop to next one ,if any of the above occur is tcm ,either buy one tcm from dealer and fill tranny with new fluid and sell it i will append again there is no permanent fix for those early cvt tranny .sorry to tell you this but those cars with those cvt tranny are the worst they still having prolembs to 2010 models so before you buy do you research and see what kind of tranny is on it...now to the second option do the mat cvt unit =1500 and more ,dealer labor about 1000 included fluid and they will not give you any kind of warranty on any electric unit so my opinion is sell it before you spend crazy amount of $$$$$ on that car . Do not send the unit for repair to any where they will charge you some serious money like bba.reman and they will not do anything for you few months later u wil have the same problem those unit they can not been repair,or upgrade software or any of that remember this is tcm not pc u can upgrated but is the same unit .i used to love audi, not anymore .hope this been helpfull to guys my advice do research before u buy good luck

Old 03-03-2013, 04:22 PM
1st Gear

The few I've seen are exactly that, the TCM. Fortunatley, in this market anyways, 95% of what we work on is Quattro so rarely see a CVT trans. Kind of happy about that too!