General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Problem with A6 Remote Unlocking

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 06:02 AM
Default Problem with A6 Remote Unlocking

We took delivery of a new A6 3.0T FSI 2 days ago. Everything is brilliant, except for a minor but annoying problem. I can lock the car with the remote control without any problem, but when I tried to unlock the car using remote control, it sometimes fail to respond. Here is a quick summary of the symptoms:

1. The problem only occur intermittently. If I press the unlock button within seconds of locking it, it would work most of the time. But leave it locked for a few minutes, the car often fail to respond to the unlock command on the remote.

2. When the unlocking function is working, the LED on the remote blinks once as the unlocking button is pressed. When it's not working, the LED blinks continuously for several seconds. According to the manual this means the vehicle is out or range, but I was only centimetres away from the car.

3. The problem applies to both sets of remote control units.

At the moment I am using the good old fashion key to unlock the car.

Has anyone experienced similar problem with your Audi, or know what the cause is? I would love to hear from you. Thanks!

Dave