General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Pulsing Brake Pedal (ABS issue?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Default Pulsing Brake Pedal (ABS issue?)

Hey guys
When i got the ride a few days ago i did the brake pedal pump check to check "the bomb" and it was fine (pumped about 10 times pre-pressure assist loss.) THe fluid looked low so i added a bit and then drove around and noticed the rear brakes dragging (i think) and it sounded like an aircraft landing overhead when i stopped. I went home and noticed i had too much fluid in it now (i put too much in) and bled it via a partner and the bleeder port (?) on the master cylinder. Now the braked pedal stops at the correct height but pulsates on the way down. The little screen on the dash shows a circle with dashes around it. It looks like the wires that were connected to the side of the fluid resivoir have been broken off too. HelP!

Old 03-28-2006, 07:54 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Pulsing Brake Pedal (ABS issue?)

got a similar prob with my abs pulsing at near stand still speeds when it is dry and no need for it to kick in. alot of peeps have sed it could be summat to do wit a faulty wheel sensor sending intermittant signals to the ecu or devise that controlls the braking system. the wheel sensor dosent have to be faulty to make your abs light come on as it could be intermittant. another suggestion is that your abs warning light and low fluid level light r shorting out. so the abs light is trying to come on but the low fluid light comes on insted. Ive seen it happen on cavaliers b4 but never on audi's so dont quote me.