General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Quattro heated seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Default Quattro heated seats

I have a pair of Quattro Heated seats that I am installing in a 1972 Jeep Commando. I need help from the experts on how I can wire it. It has the six pin green connector. I know the pin order is the following:
Left Center Right

upper]looped looped thermostat
female female

lower] Groundthermostat power

Is there any way to wire it without relays or thermostats?? I obviously know what to do with the ground and power, but what should I do with the other pins? I would love to just be able to hook it up to a toggle switch for just on and off. But PLEASE let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance. --Jamie

Old 04-18-2008, 03:53 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Quattro heated seats

is it the entire seat...?

and is there a control module underneath the seat...?

w/o a thermostat to regulate temperature the seats will get too hot to sit in and burn up the heater elements.

it is possible... but you need to be extremely good w/ wiring / electrical.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Default RE: Quattro heated seats

I have the entire seat but I didn't see any kind of control module on either one. Just the green plug connector. I would assume the thermostat works by reducing voltage to the pads. If I put an inline resistor what voltage should I bring it down to? Even if I can do that I am not sure on which pins to wire to each other. Any suggestions? --Jamie