General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

replacing window control switch on Q6

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Default replacing window control switch on Q6

My driversside window went down, but will not go back up. I suspect the control switch is needing repaced. Any one having guiding help to remove door panel? I've tried to side plastic panels off of door panel, without sucess. Are they removed by pushing them outward, off of panel??

Old 12-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Default RE: replacing window control switch on Q6

to remove just the switch control panel, usine a flat blade and depressthe underneath retainer clip, which is located and the end of the panel which contains the switches for the 4 windows. To remove the entire door panel, remove the two screws located at the top of the door panel , one on the inside and one on the outside, then using a small screw driver insert into small hole located at the bottom of the arm rest, push upward and pull the bottom outward, then pull gently, the middle and then the top. Remove two screws holding the arm rest on,. Pull upward on the door panel, which will raise about 2 inches and the panel is off. To remove the cable to the door handle, remove retainer clip and then the hook, pay close attention to direction of hook for reassembling. I found that the relay was bad, not the window switch. Knetchs carries the relay switch.

Old 12-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: replacing window control switch on Q6

Hey, thanks for coming back and posting the answer to ypur question. Most newb just rant about how nobody responded, and we never hear from them again...

Maybe we'll be able to answer the next one, for you...