General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Small drips of moisture

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 09:05 PM
1st Gear
Default Small drips of moisture

Hi Everyone,
Just got a 2014 A6 3.0 with 2400 miles. I notice that after the car is driven, when I put it in the garage I notice what looks a small amount of water( I have wiped it, no color, same consistency as water) located on the floor about where the front and back door meet right in the center. No warning lights, smell etc. Anyone know what this might be? Dealer said to take it in, but didn't think it was anything, some type of overflow.
Thanks, John

Old 01-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Former Sponsor

The ac system does that through a drain, but that drain is usually up by the passengers feet area, I'm sure you've noticed that on other cars you've had. Then I thought of the sunroof drain, but if you see this and it has not been raining then that can't be possible.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:50 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Jeff-AudiUSAParts
The ac system does that through a drain, but that drain is usually up by the passengers feet area, I'm sure you've noticed that on other cars you've had. Then I thought of the sunroof drain, but if you see this and it has not been raining then that can't be possible.
Hi Jeff,
Ran the car for a few minutes, from what I could tell drips coming from a few clamps. Had a mat under it and took the mat out . Definitely water.
Thanks, John

Old 01-03-2014, 07:18 PM
Former Sponsor

I'm thinking window washer fluid, might be blueish in color, sudsy, but water based. If there is a tank in the back that feeds the front nozzles, this could be it. I don't know the location of the tanks for rear wiper, front wiper, and headlight washer. Based on the picture I'll bet the tank for the headlight washers is back there, and the fluid flows under the chassis. I wouldn't think anything hit the line to split it though, such a new car. I don't see connections in the picture along the way either. But the picture is not that great to begin with.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:36 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Jeff-AudiUSAParts
I'm thinking window washer fluid, might be blueish in color, sudsy, but water based. If there is a tank in the back that feeds the front nozzles, this could be it. I don't know the location of the tanks for rear wiper, front wiper, and headlight washer. Based on the picture I'll bet the tank for the headlight washers is back there, and the fluid flows under the chassis. I wouldn't think anything hit the line to split it though, such a new car. I don't see connections in the picture along the way either. But the picture is not that great to begin with.
Thanks Jeff. I wouldn't think it was anything serious, with no warning prompts. Dealer had thought it might be some type of condensation. Just seems weird.