General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Time 4 some new Gummi...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 01:16 AM
Senior Administrator
Default Time 4 some new Gummi...

...That's Italian slang for tires, FWIW.

So, anyway, since I'll soon be purchasing some new footwear for my favorite girl, I thought I'd solicit opinions about tyre brands. Please state your brand preference AND why you favor them, if you're able, in a billion words or less.

Fer instance:
I like Falken. Despite the ****-poor wear rating, they have good-to-excellent grip. Good breakaway charastics. Better-than-average wet weather traction. Not expensive (considering how fast there wear out, this is sort of a trade off). That self-same ****-poor wear rating is a direct result of the tire sacrificing it life so that I may exceed the posted speed limits on onramps worldwide! Somehow that appeals to my sense of self-importance. And, the tread pattern for the 512's doesn't look like it was designed by Sears & Roebuck.

Your turn, peeps...

Old 04-14-2005, 07:21 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Time 4 some new Gummi...

I have the Dunlop FM901's (dealer put them on when I was buying the car). So far am pleased with the tire. Great dry and wet weather handling. Alittle road noise, if you are concerned about that kind of thing. No sure about the wear as this is my first set of Dunlops.

I had the Toyo Proxes4 on my turbo Eclipse I sold. Loved those tires!!! Great handling, low noise, and awesome wear charateristics. Just a little on the pricey side.

Andy

Old 04-14-2005, 11:22 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: Time 4 some new Gummi...

Factory Bose sound system. A *little* road noise is easily overcome. Thanks for the OP.