Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

2.0t exhaust question? Need advice...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 05:47 PM
1st Gear
Default 2.0t exhaust question? Need advice...

Ok so let me give you a brief history of my previous vehicles and an idea of what I am trying to figure out. I will start with my last vehicle, it was an 04 gmc sierra reg cab step side with a 450whp supercharged ls1. I am no stranger to performance cars but I am very particular about the sound of an exhaust on a car and in my life have only owned one 4cyl vehicle aside from this one. So out of the other dozen or so vehicles I have owned all but three have been hopped up V8's. That being said I would like to know what exhaust modification I can do to the 2.0t without it being so loud as I am quite fond of the quiet cabin my car has right now. I have listened to several clips of different exhausts on youtube and none seem to appeal to me because there is just something about a loud 4cyl that I cannot get accustomed to. I guess what I am getting at is there any quiet aftermarket exhausts that are worth while or do the factory 6cyl mufflers/resonators have larger diameter inlet/outlets than the four cylinder ones because I know a free flowing exhaust is important to the performance of a vehicle. Goals for car would be approx 300whp and planned mods to get there are k04 turbo upgrade, dyno tune, FMIC, exhaust, and K&N drop in, since from what Ia know about a turbo car the money for a 500 dollar intake is better spent elsewhere. Sorry for the long post I just wanted to be as specific as possible. All help is appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

Old 07-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Chris, what about our exhaust?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDoUgWYD8Es

Give us a call if you are interested. I can say that hands down this is the most quality exhaust system on the market for the B7

Old 07-21-2010, 12:05 PM
1st Gear

Wow! Very nice looking system. I do not know how I did not see this video on youtube I searched high and low for A4 B7 exhaust systems and i never came across this one. Very impressive and first one that I can say I dont mind the sound of. Video was very well done first one that I've seen that was more in depth than someones camera phone laying on the ground while owner revs the **** out of there car. When I do my exhaust I will definitely be calling you guys. One question I have about this system, is it compatible with auto trans front drive? Thanks for your response, look forward to doing business with you.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:15 AM

Another one worth checking out is at TM Tuning. They have one muffler tip called "the silencer". It supposedly fits nicely and reduces the vibration from the exhaust to the point where the tone created by it is smooth and easy for your ears to tune out.

I, personally, cannot get enough of the noise from my 2.0T engine. I want to install muffler tips that alter the tone, but many of the tips I've seen are flared, and my exhaust has a dual tip (both tips on the left side of the car, unlike the dual exhaust that is one on the left and one on the right, like on the A4), and I dunno if these pieces would fit next to each other, or if they would be too close to each other to install properly. I have the standard A3 exhaust at the moment. Help anyone?

Old 07-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ready2roll
Wow! Very nice looking system. I do not know how I did not see this video on youtube I searched high and low for A4 B7 exhaust systems and i never came across this one. Very impressive and first one that I can say I dont mind the sound of. Video was very well done first one that I've seen that was more in depth than someones camera phone laying on the ground while owner revs the **** out of there car. When I do my exhaust I will definitely be calling you guys. One question I have about this system, is it compatible with auto trans front drive? Thanks for your response, look forward to doing business with you.
Ah no, I wish it was for CVT as well, but unfortunately it's not. It is only for tiptronic quattro.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:42 PM

SJCARTON

Dont know about exhaust tips, but I just recently put a turbo back exhaust on my 2007 A3. I was only able to find two turbo back systems, APR and Billy Boat. Found them both on ECSTUNING.COM, and the rep from ECS said that Billy Boat makes the APR exhaust. I bought the Stealth exhaust and it sounds great. Gives it a nice aggressive tone without being annoying like so many of the civics and integras i hear.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:57 PM
1st Gear

Thx for the info TRI3, I'll def look into the Billy Boat exhaust. Hopefully they make one for a fwd application.