Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

2.7T OBX headers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 04:29 AM
1st Gear
Default 2.7T OBX headers?

i did a search for OBX and nothing came up.

so has anyone ever tried these? yes, i know they are "ebay headers" (or manifolds...you say tomato i say tomato lol)....but my brother has an OBX LSD (a Quaife knockoff) in his Spirit R/T (as well as MANY other people with 12sec cars on the TD forum) and no one seems to have a problem with them, which leads me to believe that OBX must be a fairly decent company. obviously i'm mainly worried about fitment and quality, but jeez, for the price, why not at least try them? i am certainly tempted to when i go K04.

now, i have ALOT to learn about these cars, so maybe the stock manifolds are just fine and this is just a waste of money.

OBX 2.7T A6/S4 headers

they sure *look* nice, and are only $299 BIN.

thoughts?

Old 12-30-2008, 11:19 AM
2nd Gear

dont. simply...dont. this is not the type of car that you should be skimping on. if u cant afford to do it right, just dont do it. if u want a good set of exhaust manifolds check out what APR has to offer. if the cost is not to your liking, leave it be. your OEM ones will take more than you think. if u want more power, chip it, get a full turbo back exhaust, maybe swap your k03 turbos for the k04's, even most likely then you will not max out your intercoolers. if u want serious power, youll need serious cash and get the RS4 kit from APR. but for the love of god, dont buy some cheap piece of crap sold on ebay "headers". you will burn a hole through them and set your whole car on fire. if you must, sell your car and molest a honda or a crappy dsm or something. dont disrespect your audi by putting crap on it.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:23 AM
1st Gear

thanks for the advice. i will more than likely stick with the stock exhaust manifolds.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Yep, OBX made their money by letting other companies do the engineering work, designing good products, and then took the design and duplicated it the cheapest way possible. Corners were cut in quality in the process, based on what I've seen in the past on other cars. Some things can be bought cheap (ie air intakes) but others are worth spending the money for. You don't want to go through the huge hassle of swapping out those manifolds, and then find out that you have cracked welds a month later.