Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhaust options on a budget

Old 10-20-2012, 12:34 PM
1st Gear

I Have a 2001 A4 1.8T also I Just put on SS AUTO CHROME .com
Sounds Great love it Sporty Sound with Middle deepness Check it out on U tube
I love it Next Will be DV Valve
I keept the Cat not trying to mess with the Turbo Yet!!

Old 12-14-2012, 12:53 PM
1st Gear

I put a custom exhaust on my mx6 a while back and love it, think I'll do the same with my Audi but I won't remove the cat. cause I won't run dirty and no other reason there is no inspection here either. I got a low restrict cat is all and it's fine!

Old 02-08-2013, 05:10 AM
1st Gear

I didn't observed of a analyze tube being difficult on the turbocompresseur. and ive only seen energy figures from an apr fatigue, idk about the others. im on a price range and i was just thinkin of goin 2.5" customized cat returning, with just a muffler no resonators. thats about the only price range choice. otherwise your looking at about 650$ or more for a reasonable product name fatigue. thats the level of my 2 pennies. im in the same situation. you will discover the borla for JUST under 700 at the ceremony sites . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Old 02-26-2013, 09:18 AM
1st Gear

I have a 98 2.8q, all I did was cut off the exhaust from JUST BEHIND the mid muffler, welded on a 2.5" dynomax bullet, and ran a straight pipe with two elbows to get to where the old rear muffler used to be, gonna put tips on soon. it cost about $115... muffler was $70 new and I already had two 90 degree elbows in 2.5 inch, as well as used piping. My buddy welded it on for 45 bucks. It has a nice gurgle and burp if i use tiptronic and keep it in first while engine braking, andalthough it has some drone, it's not obnoxious. The tone is nice, except at about 3500+ rpm in gears 1-3, it has come crackle to it. definitely worth a shot for you, it's mad cheap

Old 03-05-2013, 12:37 AM
1st Gear

I have on my A4 1.8T Quattro a Remus and it is nice

Old 03-05-2013, 04:09 PM
1st Gear

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and Audi's in general. My question is I have a 2006 2.0T and someone told me that if I were to get a new exhaust system that I would not be able to fit a complete system into my car because it is not a quattro. Could someone explain this to me?
Also, I see many people saying they are just getting test pipes and etc ( which seems like the cheaper way to go ) what does all of that entail, bascially I need someone to explain this all to me. I want to get a new exhaust that will give me the most HP but not sound like a ricer, I like the deep growl sound more.

Thank you.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:31 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Jwilkey
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and Audi's in general. My question is I have a 2006 2.0T and someone told me that if I were to get a new exhaust system that I would not be able to fit a complete system into my car because it is not a quattro. Could someone explain this to me?
Also, I see many people saying they are just getting test pipes and etc ( which seems like the cheaper way to go ) what does all of that entail, bascially I need someone to explain this all to me. I want to get a new exhaust that will give me the most HP but not sound like a ricer, I like the deep growl sound more.

Thank you.
Ok Jwilkey......sad your car is not a Quattro but never the less it is a sweet Audi.....I will explain just a little about the test pipe.
1. Test pipe would only be nice if you don't have emmittions to worry about.
2. After the smog throw it on lol if you like.
3. The Turbo sits right after the manifold, right after that is some form of a CAT then goes on down the back of the firewall and out back......The test pipe is a small section of pipe used to replace your CAT after the Turbo

Hope this helps a little.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:14 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Jeremy Decker
Ok Jwilkey......sad your car is not a Quattro but never the less it is a sweet Audi.....I will explain just a little about the test pipe.
1. Test pipe would only be nice if you don't have emmittions to worry about.
2. After the smog throw it on lol if you like.
3. The Turbo sits right after the manifold, right after that is some form of a CAT then goes on down the back of the firewall and out back......The test pipe is a small section of pipe used to replace your CAT after the Turbo

Hope this helps a little.
Thank you very much for explaining that and being calm about it. I've had too many times where I would ask just a simple question and people would jump down my throat on that so I thank you for answering my question. Now I just need to decide what I want to do for exhaust. I would like it to have a nice deep growl but not like a ricer high pitch feel to it. To be honest I've heard some audi's with magnaflow and they don't sound that bad.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:19 PM
1st Gear

cost about 400 and i didnt get the race pipe yet ---- https://www.audiforums.com/forum/int...-think-194032/

Old 03-29-2013, 10:58 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Jwilkey
Thank you very much for explaining that and being calm about it. I've had too many times where I would ask just a simple question and people would jump down my throat on that so I thank you for answering my question. Now I just need to decide what I want to do for exhaust. I would like it to have a nice deep growl but not like a ricer high pitch feel to it. To be honest I've heard some audi's with magnaflow and they don't sound that bad.
No worries I am not a crazy guy lol I live in SoCal Lol Chill Bra