Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Question about Exhausts..

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 03:22 PM
1st Gear
Default Question about Exhausts..

Milltek has the b6 exhaust with "Now with downpipe included (Quattro)!" attached for 1199? Is that the full exhaust system?

After this I can chip APR1+injectors DV... and ill be pretty choke free right?

Old 09-07-2007, 01:27 AM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Question about Exhausts..

I would do the chip first, it would be a much bigger gain. That should be everythingafter your cat (directly off the turbo).

Old 09-08-2007, 07:32 AM
1st Gear

But I read somewhere when i was searching, that you should have good outgoing flow b4 chipping Apr1+?

Is the exhaust system is goign to corrode? I've read on the forums that a month or two is okay to run Apr1+, then it starts going down hill for the exhaust parts. You say chip.. but ill go chip Apr+, injectors and diverter valve at the same time. With stock everything else. I read about how bad it is on ur exhaust system, and im scared.

Can someone elaborate please?

What are some cheap high flow cats? Are cats, absolutely necessary for my set up? I'm not doing anything crazy. They are as expensive as exhausts. If they are necessary, what are some good quality but money efficient ones?

Thanks

Old 09-08-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm make believe

But I read somewhere when i was searching, that you should have good outgoing flow b4 chipping Apr1+? All turbo cars should have 2.5" or bigger exhausts. But you will see 5x the gains in both hp/tq with the chip alone.

Is the exhaust system is goign to corrode? Stainless, no. Aluminized is the same as stock and will rust a little
I've read on the forums that a month or two is okay to run Apr1+, then it starts going down hill for the exhaust parts. Thats retarted, you cant hurt an exhuast
You say chip.. but ill go chip Apr+, injectors and diverter valve at the same time. With stock everything else. I read about how bad it is on ur exhaust system, and im scared. Im sorry but whoever you got that from is really wrong and are passing bad info. You can run with a chip and stock exhaust for as long as the car will last.

Can someone elaborate please? Just did

What are some cheap high flow cats? The car has one and it already flows really well. The only thing worth getting would be a test pipe instead.
Are cats, absolutely necessary for my set up? Cat is needed if the state says so, if not, you can gain some decent power with a test pipe
I'm not doing anything crazy. They are as expensive as exhausts. If they are necessary, what are some good quality but money efficient ones? again, stock or testpipe

Thanks

Old 09-09-2007, 02:20 AM
1st Gear

Wow, thanks Cincy! Very informative.

I'm going to chip apr1+ with injectors and dv first.

Then exhaust later on in life.

WOOT

Old 09-09-2007, 04:19 PM
I'm make believe

Np, if you check in the classifieds here and one vwvorxtex you should be able to find injectors for pretty cheap.