Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

air conditioning problem (need help asap)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 04:37 AM
1st Gear
Default air conditioning problem (need help asap)

i dont know what this would fall under category wise, but i have a big problem, everytime i have my a/c on it starts to leak into my passenger side and causes a puddle, not just like a few drips im talking good amounts of water, any ideas what this could be, its pissin me off i have to roll down the windows and drive and it is, 90+ with wicked humidity, someone help please!! it is a b6 series a4

Old 07-22-2006, 02:39 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: air conditioning problem (need help asap)

One thing to check...

The area that is covered with a plastic cowling at the rear of the engine compartment has the following things underneath it:
- Battery
- ECU
- HVAC Pollen Filter
- Drains
AND (quite often and particularly if the car is parked outdoors)
- debris (leaves, pine needles, etc.)

This debris gets in there and can clog the drains. If this happens, the whole compartment under the plastic cowling can flood until it drains out of the lowest point -- the HVAC pollen filter. This is how the water ends up in the passenger foot well. The sunroof drains can also do it, but these drains should be checked first. Here's how...

Remove the rubber weather stripping that holds the cowling in place. Slide the cowling back and out. Vacuum out the debris that's in there as thoroughly as possible. Wash out the cavity with a hose, noting if the water flows freely. If it does not, you'll need to remove the battery to get at the drain located underneat it. When you can get water to flow out of the compartment freely, you're good to go.

Reassemble. Repeat on a yearly basis.

Old 08-14-2006, 08:36 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: air conditioning problem (need help asap)

i figured it out, it was the drain tube right below the condensor, little like mid pipe was clogged big time, just used a air hose and worked good, just need to make sure it doesnt fall off below the carpet cause that happened when i shot the air in there and it was a pain to put that end in and connect it to the top hose kinda tricky, not alot of room to work with