Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

Need insight on 'restoration' project '95 S6

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 11:34 PM
1st Gear
Default Need insight on 'restoration' project '95 S6

New guy here, and I've got quite the list on things I want to do to my s6.
Over the years, things have started to break and wear out and I've just put up with it. I've recently come across these forums and realized I don't have to put up with it all.
So anyway, this is a list of all of my issues. If any of you guys have advice, solutions, other threads or resources for me to check out, it would be a massive help.

-No reception with Concert I radio. I did replace the (symphony, i believe) and everything worked fine for a while, until reception just quit on me. Only get a reliable signal from 97.1 the River (Atlanta station.)
-Moonroof jams when closing. Not the glass itself, but the tray/plastic that is supposed to slide with it doesn't move, jams the roof, and it reverts back to open. Only fix I have is to forcibly move the glass along to pull the tray with it.
-Both mirrors no longer move. Inconvenient because passenger mirror is stuck in the actuated-down position.
-Cd changer in trunk is jammed (can't find a fix for that, I'd think it'd be simple.)
-Cruise Control doesn't work
-Brights (headlight dimmer switch?) don't work either. Bulbs still work because if I leave it toggled on for a long enough time (days), they will come on. Or, if i pull back hard enough on the level for long enough, they'll come one. However, that's not the most convenient way to drive. Would it be possible to replace it with a newer model's
-Far rear speakers on both driver and passenger side are wearing out. They sound bloated and distort at medium levels.
--I'd like to replace these with higher quality and slightly larger speakers, or perhaps even 6.5" subs if they can fit, even with a little adjustment.
--Or maybe go even farther and place a sub(s) in the trunk.
---I don't know a thing about wiring and amps and all that. Is this too difficult a task for someone to pick up and do on their own? And on a related note, does anyone know of a good resource for this sort of thing to read up on?

While the car is perfectly functioning in every other sense, and these aren't critical issues, I've just gotten tired of "putting up" with them. I hope that's understandable.
I will come back and edit this as I find solutions to any issues.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Rickdiculous; 09-06-2012 at 07:17 AM.