Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

Sandpaper on windows?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Default Sandpaper on windows?

Hi,

Please can someone help me solvea fewproblems i've got with my A3.

The first one is the door paneling; it has oil and dirt stains on it from work.It is made fromvinyl or another plastic. I've tried using some cleaner but it didn't work. It made the dash and every other vinyl look great but not the really dirty parts.

Another thing that I can't get offis a really hard to get off sticker on the rear window andthe residue from the backis almost likethixofix. Can you use wet and dry very fine sandpaper to clean it?

And finally, I've got some really dirty, covered in brake dust, wheels. On the outside where you would typically clean with a brush they are shiny and great but on the inside the dirt has been buiding up for months. How do I clean the inner visible parts up to be clean like new?

Thanks for your help,

Rob

Old 04-24-2007, 07:38 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Sandpaper on windows?

ORIGINAL: robhargreaves

Hi,

Please can someone help me solvea fewproblems i've got with my A3.

The first one is the door paneling; it has oil and dirt stains on it from work.It is made fromvinyl or another plastic. I've tried using some cleaner but it didn't work. It made the dash and every other vinyl look great but not the really dirty parts.

Another thing that I can't get offis a really hard to get off sticker on the rear window andthe residue from the backis almost likethixofix. Can you use wet and dry very fine sandpaper to clean it?

And finally, I've got some really dirty, covered in brake dust, wheels. On the outside where you would typically clean with a brush they are shiny and great but on the inside the dirt has been buiding up for months. How do I clean the inner visible parts up to be clean like new?

Thanks for your help,

Rob
DO NOT sand the window use goof off and lots patience!

Old 05-18-2007, 11:23 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Sandpaper on windows?

When I worked at the car dealerships, we used steel wool on a regular basis. Here is the thing to be VERY cautious of though. It's must be the fine steel wool, not the course stuff. You simply make sure you have plenty of lubricant, like glass cleaner or other adhesive remover that does not evaporate fast, then lightly rub with steel wool. It works great and amazingly, does not scratch windows. Don't do this for after market tinted windows either. Common sense tells you this, but I want to cover my butt with my advice.