Member Builds/Projects Members projects showcased here. Car-related, Audi-preferred, but feel free to post up ANY car build you've done or are involved with.

Audi heart, Mazda Chassis

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 12:25 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi heart, Mazda Chassis

Nope, not a Miata either. Long story behind this engine. it's got 30K on it since rebuilt(belt snap) And it was destined to be crushed with it's home so I saved the engine/trans(ZF auto). Now it sits on my back Patio covered up. So why a Mazda? well it's a sweet 04 RX8 GT(auto) with a low comp 4 port 13B MSP rotory, it's third engine. I recently got the car for dirt cheap, and besides a low comp engine, and a fog light bulb blown it's in amazing shape. even new tires. Now, I put about 41-43K a year on my car, so why not a engine with more torque, more HP, and longer service intervals? Now some details, Ya'll pretty much know about the 2.8 already, and no I'm not using the trans. I'll be adapting to the Mazda Auto(4 speed with paddle shifters). I'll be reusing as much Mazda stuff as I can. The radiator will support the 2.8, as well as it's two electric fans. So bye bye mechanical fan on the 2.8. The RX8 has EPS, not HPS. So bye bye P/S pump. Stand alone from Spitronics for the 2.8 with the RX8 ECU piggy backed where needed to keep things functional on the car. Engine will tie into the factory RX8 exhaust, and may actually be to large since the RX8 comes with 3" stock. I am inquiring about the 180Degree intake flip if possible, keep in mind P/S pump will be deleted. Most stuff not required for the engine to actually run will be deleted, blocked off, or modded. The PCV system will go threw a major overhaul and simplified. The engine will stay in stock form as far as power added is concerned. So no boost right now, Although the exhaust system, intake plumbing, stand alone, and delete of fan will likely add a few pony's to the engine. So Stay tuned. I'll ask Audi related questions here as well as keep ya'll updated with the swap!

Old 01-03-2016, 06:45 PM
1st Gear

An unusual combination, I'll be following this project with keen interest.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:57 PM
1st Gear

it sure is an unusual combo. would like to see the results of this build