New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*********** READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!!!! ***********

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 12:43 AM

Hey yo!
I own a 1998 A4 Quattro 2.8 V6. So far I've got some pretty sweet rims on 'er! 18's! Definitely look pretty bad ***, I'll get a picture on the go soon!

Can't wait to learn from you all!

Old 08-29-2008, 01:15 PM

Good for you I am sure you will love the vehicle. As for checking if you are really getting a great deal, do some research. check kelly blue bok and NADA for comparrisons. Also go to Audiworld and check the tech articles for anny known issues. One major Item you should look at are the shocks and DRC (Dynamic Ride Control) for any leaking or dried oil. If the shocks are leaking or out of oil this replacement is extremely costly. But it can be replaced with aftermarket stuff.
Good Luck...
Tony

Old 08-30-2008, 08:21 PM
Red face Thanks for the info!

I will definitely check for leaking or dried oil.

I did some research and it looks like I saved $8,000 off what the dealer would sell it for. The car isn't "certified", but I've got 6 months of the original warranty left and then I'm buying a 5 yr/100K mile after market warrenty.

I'm still nervous but I think everything will be okay.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:45 PM

Hi all, a newb here that luvs his 97 A4Q from SoCal, but now drive in NJ Need some help though. Glad I found you guys!

Old 09-04-2008, 02:24 PM

Hey, my name is Pavlo and I have a 96 A4 2.8. It's been quite through a few things before I bought it, and a lot has been changed on it. I even put a transmission in, which happened to be a bad one. I am kind of thinking putting a manual transmission in (better mpg, and I control it) but don't know how intense that would be, or even if it's possible. I would guess it is, since Audi wouldn't make two different bodies for manual and automatic... I hope this car will be good soon!

Old 09-04-2008, 08:03 PM

hey everyone , its Mr.York here , i am student and Assestant in CEO office in a holding ion Dubai , i have Audi A6 3.0 Quattro 2003 , looking for some tips to modify and i am soo satisfied , and glade of my wheels , this is my third Audi , i am kinda Addicted to this amazing Engineering , my sis has A8 , i used to Have another A6 , looking for RS6 ,, see u around ,

Old 09-05-2008, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by pavlindrom
Hey, my name is Pavlo and I have a 96 A4 2.8. It's been quite through a few things before I bought it, and a lot has been changed on it. I even put a transmission in, which happened to be a bad one. I am kind of thinking putting a manual transmission in (better mpg, and I control it) but don't know how intense that would be, or even if it's possible. I would guess it is, since Audi wouldn't make two different bodies for manual and automatic... I hope this car will be good soon!
It would be in my opinion a lot of work and money. You would be better off buying an A4 with a manual transmission and swapping your 'go-fast stuff, if that is your concern. It is usually better and less expensive to start with the platform you are looking ie: turbo, 6spd or 5spd, etc. and then up-grading from there depending on your goals. In cases like this you need to have the right computer, all the hardware plus the labor and any mods required. With you having a 96 you may be able to find the platform you are looking for A4/S4 for much less than this type of mod.

Last edited by SIKAudi; 09-05-2008 at 03:52 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 09-06-2008, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by SIKAudi
It would be in my opinion a lot of work and money. You would be better off buying an A4 with a manual transmission and swapping your 'go-fast stuff, if that is your concern. It is usually better and less expensive to start with the platform you are looking ie: turbo, 6spd or 5spd, etc. and then up-grading from there depending on your goals. In cases like this you need to have the right computer, all the hardware plus the labor and any mods required. With you having a 96 you may be able to find the platform you are looking for A4/S4 for much less than this type of mod.
Then I won't. I just got this crazy idea, but then I re-thought it when you wrote the post. Thanks for your help. I already have the car, and was thinking to modify as the transmission already does not work all that well. Hopefully changing the transmission oil filter will help fix the problem...

Old 09-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Default Hoping my first car is an A4!

Hey fellow Audi fans! Just moved to South Africa from the states, and am looking at getting my first car. I'm considering a 2002-2004 (B6) A4 1.8T and would appreciate any tips/feedback from owners. Thanks in advance!

Old 09-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Smile What a great site!

Hi everyone. I just bought a 2003 Audi A3 Advance. Apparently, it was never available in the U.S. and I don't have a manual. I'll be relying heavily on your site. Thank you soooo much!

jennifer (Mexico D.F.)

Quick Reply: *********** READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!!!! ***********