New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

allroad yaw sensor

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Default allroad yaw sensor

hi all new allroad owner here from over the pond in england. i am in some need of help,

i purchased my allroad (MY 2000) which is my first audi and was very impressed. but after a few months it started to lose power steering fluid (not good) and thats right is was the seals in the rack that failed.

so after much shouting, banging bit more shouting i replaced the steering rack. (and god that is one hell of a job to do!!) all finished and very proud of my self i took it for a test drive only for the abs, trackion control and suspension warning lights to come on when i turned right![:@]

if i turned the car off and then restarted the lights would go off, untill i turn on a hard right lock. now i am a mechanic by trade and so i am after some tech information. i have diagnostic equipment and have already found login codes and reset procedures for a4's s4's to reset thier steering angle/yaw sensors but nothing for the allroad.

has anybody done this or have an idea of were this info may be found.

thanks now for any help.

cheers from jay.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:41 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: allroad yaw sensor

Cheers back atcha, Jay. We've got a couple Audi techs, on teh boards, one or two are from blighty, too! Hopefully one of tehm will see your question and respond. In teh mean time:
==================
Welcome to AudiForums

This is a great site. We try to keep the dialogue friendly and the attitude positive. It is a great site to find camaraderie with other "Audiphiles." We've got a dysfunctional-family-type thing going on, here, and I hope you enjoy your time spent here.

Since you're new... check out the START HERE! <---click this link) link to get a rundown of terms we use, here at AudiForums.

Be sure to SEARCH <---click this link) the archives first when you have a question. Chances are the question has been asked before (usually several times) and the archives will have plenty of information; quite often, the answers are comprehensive. If your question hasn't yet been addressed don't be discouraged. Feel free to ask your questions in the appropriate forum; A4 <---click this link) for A4 specific questions... A6, A8, S, and RS, etcetera, respectively. General Tech for, you guessed it, non-model specific general technical questions, etc. We also have an "Off-Topic" area for things you want to share that are... off the grid, let's say, and a "classifieds" area, too! For those looking to buy or sell justa bout ANYthing. And so much more... Something for every one and everything.

If there is a personal problem with the site or you want to file a complaint about a particular member, then PM the Admin or any Moderator. You can find out how to contact them by visiting the Members List Area and clicking on the "View All Groups" button. They will keep your PM confidential and respond as soon as possible.

When it's time to test your signature, to see how it will look, we also have a "test your sig" area, too.

Don't feel intimidated; we're all a bunch of pretty cool folks. Feel free to post advice, comments, ideas, suggestions, and even pics in the appropriate forum.

We all welcome you and hope you find this site informative and enjoyable.
====================