New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi noobie

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 01:07 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi noobie

What up. Names Eric from the UP of Michigan.

Normally I'm a Volvo nut, but I inherited this REALLY nice 96 A4 2.8 Quattro 5spd from my grandfather, so I'm not complaining.

Got it with 106k on it (Now has 109) car has complete records, t-belt was done at 75k, tie rods, tires, just did the front brakes, changed oil ect.

Really nice car, handles well for sure and has a classy interior. A bit slower than I'd thought it would be but again, not complaining as my 1988 Volvo 245 is probably the slowest vehicle on the planet.

I'm a car guy so I know how to do lots of stuff, but I've never come near an Audi / VW product before, so I really don't know **** about these things. Here to learn what I can and look for a few parts.

I'll even start off with 2 quick questions....

1.) Where is a good place to look for misc. small interior parts? I assume the FS section on here will be a good place to start, I plan on putting up a WTB ad.

2.) It's annoying, but the backlighting for my digital climate control unit has burnt out, so I can't really see the HVAC settings. Is there just a bulb you replace, or do you have to replace the whole unit? My guess is there would be some bulbs, but even getting that unit out to change them looks like it's gonna be a PITA. Anyone ever done this?

Maybe I'll see some of you around midwest owners gatherings or something. Looking forward to meeting some folks and bs'ing about cars.

Pics of the whip....

I currently also own 2x 88 240's. One's a 245 (Wagon) other is a 244 (sedan)

Both B230f AW70 Auto's. I love these things. The wagon's a beater, but the sedan is getting a re-build right now, just finishing my VX Cam install tonight. Gotta make sure it's timed and re-shim the valves. Thankfully Redblock motors are pretty low tech and I only have 8 valves to adjust

Sedan (AKA The Tank mk2)
It's current state of affairs:

Before I started:

The ******* waggon. It's slow, useful as hell, and will probably keep running longer than I'll be alive. Just crested 235k and still runs like a champ. I love it.

Had a few other fun cars in my day.

I really miss my 96 Volvo 850 R. It was a 322whp torque steering monster with 4 doors. But alas, the motor blew up....

I also really had an attachment to my old 94 Teg GSR. Shouldn't have sold it...

And I had a fun 91 CRX too.

But thats it for me.