New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From Lexus to Audi.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 12:55 AM
Default From Lexus to Audi.

Whats up everyone,

My name is Brent but everyone calls me by my last name which is Patchett. I am 20 and work at TD Canada trust as a CSR and The Beer Store as well. I am going back to School in September for Marketing.

I am coming from the Lexus world over to the Audi one. As of right know I have a 2002 GGP IS300 which is a sleeper. The car has some subtle visual touches and also has full suspension, and brakes done with slight performance modifications as well. My plan was to Purchase a nice set of Volks ,SSR’s or even BBS’s for it this summer and continue purchasing parts for boost but for a car that is 8 years old I am sinking too much money into it, I have decided to sell my winter beater (ford Explorer) and Lexus and Purchase a B7 S4 next summer. I am tired of paying for storage for my car, two different insurance policies and two different gas tanks. I want something that I can drive year round and still go to the track with. I am looking forward to learning about this new scene and look forward to meeting members.

Sorry for the novel.

Cheers,
Patchett88

Old 03-26-2010, 03:00 PM
1st Gear

Hey, welcome.... that's quite a bit of personal info you posted! I sold my 01 DWP IS300 (auto) and bought an 01 A4 turbo, quattro, manual and put about $5k in the bank since the audi was so much cheaper. My insurance has dropped, and I get better gas mileage too.... all around a good savings. There are little things here and there that I miss about my lexus, but I am very happy with the audi. I know I would love to have a newer one, and especially love to have the S4, but that isn't anywhere in my near future budget. You know the IS comes in awd too..... not quite as impressive as the S4 quattro, but it could be another "year round" option.

Good luck!