New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 11:17 PM
1st Gear
Default Newbie

Hi everyone. Not only am I new to your forum here, but I am new to Audi in general. I used to be a big Nissan fanboi. I still love them, but getting a 4 door Nissan that is worth anything when it comes to modding them is next to impossible. So I went out in search of a good reliable 4 door car ( I want to start a family here soon so need to be able to get to the back seat easily) that was still moddable and fun to drive and came across my 2003 Audi A4 Quattro with a 5 spd. Had all the options I was looking for and more, so I picked it up. I don't really know much about Volkswagens or Audis other then they seem to hold up to the test of time pretty well. Hoping to find out on here about common problems, maintenance, and mod possibilities. I have a ton of newb questions that I am sure I will get answers to as I search through the threads here, but if anyone would like to help me get answers that much faster, please feel free to PM me.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:24 AM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Willkommen to the forums!

congrats on the purchase. lots of good information to be found in the A4 sections. Check the stickies, they will give you a pretty good starting point for planning out any mods you might be interested in doing. lots of good folks around to steer you in the right direction or assist when you run into problems

good luck

have fun

Old 11-15-2012, 02:20 PM
1st Gear

I've spent the last week or so lurking around on the boards picking up as much info as I can. Unfortunately, it looks like a lot of the "Links to good info threads" threads are broken. the links don't go anywhere. Just an fyi if a mod or admin reads this. Ohh well, back to the search button it is. lol.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:00 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

not many folks, moderators, or otherwise spend much time here in the "new member welcome area". if you have a nagging forum issue, there is a section for that, down near the bottom IIRC.

also, one of our members made a VW/Audi specific search engine. it looks through all the popular forums, and several other online resources as well. I'm too lazy to look for it, but it should be stickied around here somewhere. it is MUCH better than the search function provided here on the site

again, good luck

Old 11-15-2012, 09:37 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the heads up!