Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

09 A4 2.0T Possible Turbo Problems?? Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 12:32 PM
1st Gear
Default 09 A4 2.0T Possible Turbo Problems?? Please Help

I've had my 2009 A4 2.0T Quattro for about 6 months and started having issues last week. When accelerating at higher speeds (60mph+) the car jolts/sputters as if it doesn't want to accelerate. It doesn't seem to be the transmission since it's already in 6th gear.

The first time this happened I was accelerating to pass a slower car and it couldn't speed up. Then the engine light flashed for a few seconds, then turned off. This happened again the next day, however the engine light stayed on. It has been almost a week and it has been fine, but I've been nervous to accelerate too much. The engine light is still on.

Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas what it could be? Does this sound like a turbo problem or something else?

I have an extended warranty but was hoping to get some answers before resorting to taking it to the dealership

Old 07-11-2013, 06:01 PM

First thing to do when this happens, is to scan your car for fault codes. In some auto parts stores they can read the fault codes from your car for free.

What you are describing is a misfire. Pretty straightforward, really. All that's happening is incomplete combustion in one or more cylinders due to weak spark or excess fuel.

Usually the culprit is either old or mis-gapped spark plugs, or a failing coil pack.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:27 AM
1st Gear

This happened to my A4 and the turbo went
audi said unless the light stays on they cannot repair it , so I brought it to someone else they told me it deff was the turbo , I brought it to audi since it was under warrranty ,( after a week of fighting and documentaion from another forign car repair shop)they finally replaced it , guess what it starting all over again.
time to get rid of the AUDI

Old 09-24-2013, 02:02 PM
1st Gear

Probably best thing to do is get rid of the car. Audi's have a lot of mechanical issues that are expensive. Basically once your out of warranty your screwed. Audi's are nice good looking cars but unless you got the money to blow on repairs then they are not worth it.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:00 PM
1st Gear

My 07 A4 turbo is doing the same thing. It sputters like I'm driving a Manual. Only I'm not. It does switch into gear so it leaves me perplexed. This ******* told me oh it's because he sprayed the engine off and he probably got water and armor all on the spark plugs. He blew them off. Still the problem exists. He then said it's because it is lowered so the wheels shake. Then he said its because it's a turbo so it rattles a ill bit more then a normal car. Not to mention the pedal has about 1" of cushion behind it before it actually accelerates. He said it was because it's a luxury car....hahahaha what a douche nuckle. I'm no mechanic but I know he's a filthy liar. Anyone car to try and inform me?

Old 11-21-2013, 02:32 PM
1st Gear

I got Rid Of My 2007 Audi A4 after They told me my turbo was going again
Yes Three tubos
I Decided to trade it in on a new paasat LOVE IT AND at least 10K cheaper

Old 12-04-2013, 11:19 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by accuratemailings
I got Rid Of My 2007 Audi A4 after They told me my turbo was going again
Yes Three tubos
I Decided to trade it in on a new paasat LOVE IT AND at least 10K cheaper
Maybe it wasn't the turbo that you forced them to replace even though they said it wasn't the turbo.