Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

fuel flow issues after teeing into factory line

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 12:43 AM
Default fuel flow issues after teeing into factory line

Just installed the nitrous express instaboost system to my RS6. However the standard fuel T-piece that comes with the kit is too small for the factory fuel line(2-3mm internal diameter to small). It creates a restriction in the fuel line which then causes the engine to cough and splutter due to lack of fuel. And this is without even running the nitrous!

I suspect I going to have to make a custom T-piece to suit the size of fuel line for the rs6? Nitrous express dont seem to sell any other t-piece. It seems unusal to install a restriction like an orifice plate in the fuel line? It seems destined to failure?

It seems that a fuel pump upgrade is going to be required as well as the factory fuel system is very sensitive to any change in volume or pressure of fuel supplied to the engine?

I will try and contact Nitrous Express for some answers but in the mean time if anyone has some expreience on this one it would be appreciated!

THANKS

E

Old 12-07-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm make believe

You are deff going to need a larger T to keep with the stock fuel flow. Also a inline pump is usually required when you use nitrous so you dont over tax the stock pump.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:09 AM
Default Thanks!

I thought this was the case. It is very well documented on the need for an inline pump. The larger T-piece is pretty obvious as well. Just a pain having to get it made up.

Living in Dubai there is no decent shops to buy fittings and stuff from.