Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Maintenence for more boost?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 05:26 AM
1st Gear
Default Maintenence for more boost?

I have a 1999 audi a4 1.8tq AEB
Well im new to the forum as you can very well tell, dont tell me to search cause i am... SLOWLY its hard to find specific answers to my questions.
And I have not found a single thread that shows what these motors will take till they start knocking or godforbid blow up.

I am running an upsolute chip that I got at an amazing price!! goo upsolute! ($375!)

I am hitting about 15-16 psi in 1st and 2nd and then spiking to 20psi(cutoff) 3rd and on.

I am getting hesitation at WOT im still in the process of figuring this out, ive bought a MBC till i figure it out, just trying to hook up some scan tools to it and find out if im running lean. I meant to check the plug gap on my plugs but haven't done so because i have new plugs on the way. As far as maintenence ive bought some plugs, fuel filter, dv valve, and a clutch. None installed yet, anyone else have a similar problem only when at WOT. Im assuming its has to do with either the N75 valve or im running lean and my fuel cant keep up( i know i know assumption is a bitch) I just found out a buddy of mine I went to auto school with works at the local audi dealership. Hopefully he can hook me up.

Well another main question is those guys out there with 20-24psi, what did you do to your engines to prepare it for the extra boost??

Old 03-16-2007, 03:16 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Maintenence for more boost?

the hesitation is due to the n75. Up my have written the sw for a differnt n75. But if you either replace the n75 or put the mbc inline with the n75 you will run better. A good bleed valve makes the turbo run smoother and will allow you to run the car at higher boost. You can easily run 20-22 on your stock turbo with just stock parts.

Old 03-17-2007, 10:28 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Maintenence for more boost?

Well i fixed the problem

I pulled out the coils spark plugs and the valve cover (installing a new valve cover gasket and seals)

Well the coils were all oily and so were the spark plugs, I do not believe it seeped all the way to the tips. BUT
I noticed I had 3 bosch 4 ground electrodes and 1 bosch platinum+4 wow who the hell worked on this car..
So I immediately went out and bought some $1.89 bkr7e ngk copper plugs, while I was all this I had replaced the fuel filter just for maintenence reasons. I blew through the stock one and there wasn't much restriction...owell.

TEST DRIVE, the car drives GREAT problem solved!!!

My diagnosis was that the gaps in the old plugs were just too great and literally the boost was "blowing out the spark"

And just to recap I love my upsolte chip Im boosting up to 18psi!