Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air strike in Iraq

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 01:57 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Air strike in Iraq

Nah. You gotta think big. Really go after the headchoppers until they figure out it's over. I keep hearing that "Islam is a religion of peace" so we are just trying to cooperate with that sentiment. You wouldn't want to leave all of these guys hanging around that think "Islam is the religion of suicide bombers, women haters, freedom deniers and headchoppers" now would ya?

Old 03-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

Yeah but the prob w/ sticking it out there is that were not fighting terrorists in that country..
were fighting terrorists who are flocking in from all over the Middle east..
n were a little outnumbered IMO.

Hey AWDaholic - we shoulda started smaller than that - like maybe an AMPM or a
strip club or sumpthin' ...

Old 03-17-2006, 02:08 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Turbo i3uddha
were not fighting terrorists in that country..
What would you call them then? Girlscouts?

were fighting terrorists who are flocking in from all over the Middle east..
And what a great place to kill them - close to home. Like moths to a flame.

n were a little outnumbered IMO.
Only if you think that all Muslims are raving lunatic terrorists. That seems a little far fetched.

Old 03-17-2006, 02:21 PM
Senior Administrator

Mebbe tryDa win a round or three of "Paper-Rock-Scissors" before we got all tangled up in starting a war without any policy to guide us...

I blame Congress

Old 03-17-2006, 02:31 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

I blame Congress
That's always safe to do.

And we do have a policy - Establish a gov't in Iraq that doesn't suck ***, attack its neighbors regularly and kill its own citizens, thereby eliminating a global threat to peace and increasing our own security. Further implications may include, but are not limited to, other peoples of the Middle East noticing that they don't have to live under tyranny of some dictator or religious whackos.

Old 03-17-2006, 02:46 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

ok.. i guess i shoulda put it like this..
Were not fighting terrorists in that country (insert coma here) were fighting terrorists from all over the middle east.

also - All muslims are not raving lunatics - however, IMO (<- see disclaimer)
the fact that were not fighting an actual nation / country... and we happen to be in a country
thats not necessarily in the most stable of conditions, w/ religous fanatics ready to die for their
cause, trying to kill our military... just not an ideal situation..

Old 03-17-2006, 03:02 PM
4th Gear

I agree that war is not an ideal situation.

And don't worry about the religious fanatics that are ready to die. We can accomodate them. Just think, the Japanese and Germans used to be real fanatics. They are real polite now.

Old 03-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: pturbo

I blame Congress
That's always safe to do.

And we do have a policy - Establish a gov't in Iraq that doesn't suck ***, attack its neighbors regularly and kill its own citizens, thereby eliminating a global threat to peace and increasing our own security. Further implications may include, but are not limited to, other peoples of the Middle East noticing that they don't have to live under tyranny of some dictator or religious whackos.
I blame Congress for NOT taking a stand on their principles; which they ALL seem to NOW be doing. Too little, too late. We're in it until we can achieve some sort of reasonable goal.

Our policy *now* is what you related (paraphrased). Our policy at the start was *Get Saddam* with little forethought to what happens AFTER. Is our *future* policy going to be to bring down Tyrannical Ditatorships wherever they may be? I highly doubt it. We dint go in to "end tyranny," we went in to get Saddam. Not that he dint NEED getting, not that he did. I just am not in favor of altering teh facts to suit *todays* conditions. Tell it like it is and joke 'em if they can't take a phugk!!! NEthing else if pandering to teh PC crowd, IMO, and I ain't havin it. Do whatchu gotta, admit when yu get your d!<& caught in yer zipper, take yer punches as good as you give 'em... LIKE A MAN!!!

$0.02

Old 03-17-2006, 05:36 PM
4th Gear

I blame Congress for NOT taking a stand on their principles; which they ALL seem to NOW be doing.
How are they taking a stand now? I must have missed it.

Our policy *now* is what you related (paraphrased). Our policy at the start was *Get Saddam* with little forethought to what happens AFTER.
I find it difficult to believe that anyone would accept this DNC talking point as fact. Just because there was not a 100 item list that laid out the post-Saddam plan doesn't mean that there wasn't one. You can't distract people in congress with too much. They have tiny brains.

Is our *future* policy going to be to bring down Tyrannical Ditatorships wherever they may be? I highly doubt it.
That doesn't mean that it wasn't a good idea to get rid of Saddam.

We dint go in to "end tyranny," we went in to get Saddam. Not that he dint NEED getting, not that he did. I just am not in favor of altering teh facts to suit *todays* conditions.
I'm not altering any facts. We went to remove Saddam. He is removed. There are a lot of details that have occurred since, but I think everyone expected that. When replacing a dictator, alot happens.

Tell it like it is and joke 'em if they can't take a phugk!!! NEthing else if pandering to teh PC crowd, IMO, and I ain't havin it. Do whatchu gotta, admit when yu get your d!<& caught in yer zipper, take yer punches as good as you give 'em... LIKE A MAN!!!
You lost me here. Maybe if I had a few drinks first.....

Old 03-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Senior Administrator

I tap a Keg of AWDahol for us[sm=alcoholic.gif]