Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cops are giving refunds!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 01:57 AM
3rd Gear
Default Cops are giving refunds!

A few weeks back, after our final snow storm of the year, I was sitting at a stop light. I got a green arrow and kicked it down fish tailed a bit and of course the quattro was wonderful. Bad thing is there was a cop coming the other direction and soon he turned around and pulled me over.
He gave me a ticket for "driving to fast for conditions" cost is $100. Said he could have given me several others like exhibition driving $150, turning into the second lane and not my closest lane, and some other BS. I just said whatever and paid the $100 fine that day

Well, a couple months ago a "serial speeder" took the City of Fargo to court over how high their tickets are. Seems the city forgot to check with the state to see how high the fines can be, and turns out that the city was illegally charging high traffic fines.
Yesterday I got a check in the mail from the city for $70! Now they don't even make enough money off the fines to cover the cost of the hole process.

Just thought I might share in case your local government has excessive fines

Old 04-19-2008, 09:30 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Cops are giving refunds!

LOL are you sh*tting me?? Congrats! I say that to you safe and secure in the knowledge that something like that will never happen in NY. The state spends way too much and is way to broke because of it, to ever do anything like that. Glad it worked out for you. I can't believe he'd ticket you though - it was after a snowstorm, there was snow/salt/sand/whatever on the road - what does he expect? Cars rarely pull away cleanly without some sort of wheelspin.

Unless you really booted it lol

Old 04-19-2008, 09:35 AM

lol thats awesome

Old 04-19-2008, 10:14 AM
4th Gear

Haha nice! Now that's what I call stickin' it to the Man!

Old 04-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Too bad you couldn't really stick it in and break it off by having the ticketing officer deliver the refund to your house with an apology for screwing you