Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does your job block certain websites?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 05:35 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Does your job block certain websites?

I work in IT as well...Those sites may let you in past the firewall but still throw a host of alarms. From an engineers perspective, don't do it unless you are on lunch or off the corp. network. It is not worth losing your job to watch a 20 sec vid from youtube.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:31 PM
2nd Gear

i have a bit of a weird situation and maybe you it guys will have some advice. i work for a city government. my boss and i are the only ones at work that use macs. it turns out nobody in our it department, it's 4 guys, knows anything about macs.

so, whenever an internet usage report comes out my boss and i don't even show up on it. i know i surf the web more than i should, but for some reason i never come up on it. is it possible we are on a different network or something and are not being tracked? i don't look at **** or anything, but recently i've been spending more time on car and sports sites and don't really want to get busted for it.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:50 PM
4th Gear

Or you can just setup a RDP server or RADMIN server (remote to home and BOOM!)

ORIGINAL: akielb

does your job block certain websites like Photobucket.com, myspace, youtube, etc... well I'm sure a few of you know about this option but I just found it so I figured I would enlighten other lost souls

If you want to bypass any blocked website at work/school check out http://2hide.net/ - open this website plug in your blocked website. this is going to be great for me because when any of you post pics I can't see them till I get home.
My wife works for a "governemnt" job - this site would not work for her. it was blocked under "proxy avoidance" I'll post again if I find one that works.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:50 PM

What about use the SSL? such as https://www.2hide.net, will that still get you in trouble?

Old 09-12-2007, 07:46 PM
3rd Gear

Another option that works sometimes is to go into the comand prompt and type in "ping www.examplesite.com" from there it will pull up the IP Address of the website. Take those numbers and type them into the address bar, that MAY get you around the filter (works for our filter anyway).

Old 09-12-2007, 07:56 PM
4th Gear

well considering I installed the 8 station network myself - I've yet to **** myself off enough to make me ban those sort of sites. gotta be careful, I hear I'm a real arsehole about wasting time on forums, **** and myspace...