Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

how to gain weight

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 02:13 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: how to gain weight

ORIGINAL: apg96

actully u r supposed to eat more, smaller meals. U should eat 6 meals a day. abcbodybuilding.com has amazinga articles and a great forum.

Like always, don't listen to APG unless it is about rims. or something.

Smaller meals and more frequent keep your diguestive system going, burning more calories upping your metabolism. Thus burning fat, and helping lean out.

You don't want this.

Ideal case you up body fat, add muscle over winter and then tone in the spring.

Bulking phase runs OCT,NOV,DEC,JANish then start dieting and leaning up and change you lifting routine to do more muscle endurance than hypertrophy.

Make sure you sets are heavy, and low in rep, stay 8 or less reps per set, try to target the 80% of your orm (one rep max)

as for protein to gain muscle you wanna be eating 2g of protein for every lb of body weight (well your target body weight) so if you wanna hit 200lbs you need to take in 400g a day
sound hard but isnt

1 chicken beast is 43 in itself...
shakes are good increasers
I usually get about 60-80 a day from synthetic shakes and bars.

make sure to read up about prework out meals, post work out shake use and post work out meals (MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY!!!) **** that breakfast **** you need it, but make sure you eat a hearty post work out meal.
Also look into a few other suppliments such as L-Glutamine, it will help alot, and make sure you take a good multi vitamin.

May also want to look into ALA to help with your bloodsugar levels with the high carb diet

and dont listen to apg

Old 11-11-2005, 02:25 AM
4th Gear

OMG i laughed so hard when i saw ur response.

ORIGINAL: pturbo

You can't gain the kind of weight that you want(lean muscle) without working out. Protein needs to then be available in your system to build muscle.

If all you want to do is gain weight - and you don't care what type - then get yourself a 12pack of a heavy Euro beer everynight and sit down in a lazyboy with a giant bag of cheetos and dont' get up until both are finished. You are allowed to order a pizza for delivery on this plan, provided that someone else answers the door when it arrives. After that, you can head out for a milkshake provided that you put the appropriate amount of hot fudge on there to compensate for the calories that you expended while moving around to get the shake. [8D]

Old 11-11-2005, 04:35 AM
Banned

ROIDS....TAKE SOME ANABOLIC STERIODS....THEY WILL HELP YOU BE THE MAN YOU WANT TO BE!!!

Old 11-11-2005, 05:04 AM
2nd Gear

Hey Bri, whats happening man? Feeling a little to Skinny? :-)

Easy as to gain weight. All you need to do is start eating heaps & heaps of Pasta & Bread & Cheese.
If you can get them in america but a whole lot of Weetbix (maybe known as Vitabrits) they are a breakfeast cereal that is made from wheat.
You need to eat as close to bed time as possible otherwise your metabolism will just keep pushing it through.
Keep doing sit ups/pushups as much as you can.

In short... eat as much dairy/carb's before you go to bed.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:22 PM
1st Gear

This may have been an old thread, but i must say that this is an interesting one to read about. I just hoped that things would went well in gaining weight. There are a lot of things to consider in order to get it done. I just hoped that things would work out well int his one.

Last edited by archebald23; 07-06-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Tech Guru

^Future spammer alert.