Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racism Lives!!! (Rant)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 02:22 PM
2nd Gear
Default Racism Lives!!! (Rant)

Man oh man.... So...

Yesterday, I decided to hit up my favorite Wednesday night spot for some dancing and drinks. Get all nice and dressed in black Ralph Lauren jeans and white shoes and such, look pretty spiffy. My boy comes along too, he's walking with a cane right now because he dislocated his knee last time we were at this particular venue.

So we get there, and we walk up to the bouncer and he looks at me and says, "sorry your pants are too baggy, can't let you in."

So I tell him that I was actually sagging a bit because I didn't put my belt on tight. He says that's not it and just refuses to let me in. So I ask him if I should wear emo pants or spandex or something because every other club in town doesn't think my pants are baggy.

The head of security comes over and says the standard "it's not gonna happen" BS and I'm like cool. They make me stand away from the door and everything and I do. We talk and BS with some friends of ours (the ugys who are actually HOSTING the club that night) and they say there's nothing they can do because security there is private, not contracted.

So we finally leave after everyone else I know agrees that their pants are baggier than mine. Whatever. We hit a different bar and get a loaded landshark (delicious) then my boys says "maybe you should go home and put on some slacks, we still have plenty of time." GREAT IDEA.
So I do it...

Now I'm in a fresh pair of slacks and dress code compliant. I walk up to the entrance and its the same guy as before. I walk past him and ask him "is this more to your liking?" He says yes.... then throws in an extra comment of "as long as you're not gonna be a jerk about it like before" in a sarcastic cynical way.

"I'm a jerk?" I ask, then I just don't even continue because I know he's trying to get to me and I won't allow it. So I walk over to the guy taking the ID's and right before I give it to him the security guy says "cause if you're gonna be a jerk about it you're not getting in." I don't respond. Then he follows that up with "alright then you're not getting in, it's over."

I'm like.... what the hell are you talking about. So then there's this long drawn out argument about this douche bag with the head of security and I explain to him that it's not right that I followed the rules and due to this guys personal grudge against me I'm not able to get in. I ask for an explanation from hi mand he refuses. Then I tell him...

"So if I owned a club, and you came their dressed in a red shirt, and I told oyu no red shirts, then you went BACK home to change and came back in a blue shirt and I STILL didn't let you in, how would you feel about my place?"

He replies that privately owned places can make their own rules.... earlier he told me it wasn't about making up rules, it was just a standard practice. Now he's saying they can make up their own rules whenever they want. So I stop hm right there and say,"so basically it IS your rule that since he doesn't like me or has a personal problem with me for whatever reason that I can't come in." He stumbles on his own words and says... "this conversation is over."

My boys come out again and I tell them the most recent happenings and I say I don't know what the problem is. My boy from inside says you know why you can't get it in? I say to him "because I'm a negro in a white hat?" He laughs, and the security guy butts into our conversation. I silence him quickly because according to the head of security, our conversation together is over and he and I have nothing further to talk about.

Eventually we leave, not before I shake the head of security's hand and assure him that I mean him no disrespect because I know he is just following protocol. I tell him the real problem here is that his place of business turned something business related, into something personal and discriminatory. Then I walk away,

People have sued over hot coffee spilling on them... discrimination is an easy one especially against a privately owned place that I have been to MANY times incident free. Screw that guy.

/end rant

Old 03-20-2008, 02:51 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Racism Lives!!! (Rant)

what a tool, did you tell him that your buddies are hosting the party. i still dont get why he didnt let you in.

Old 03-20-2008, 03:10 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Wilcox

I would be willing to bet it had nothing to do with racism. It was def something personal. were here other people in the club of different ethnic backgrounds. He probably thought you were disrespectful on your first encounter and took it as his personal mission to not let you in. I am a white guy and I am in no way a racist. I really hate when people play the race card though. Like the grl at my work. Says that they didnt hire some guy that is black because he is black. I guess she doesnt see the irony in her comment. She is black and she works here. We also have tons of other people of many dif ethnic backgrounds working in our offices. Just like I'm sure there had to be a mix of people in the club you were trying to get into. A big part of racism still being relevant is that people still pull the race card and start to fall into sterio types. Its reasad really. The biggest adicates of this are Jesse Jackson and Rev Al.

I got kicked out of a Latin club on Halloween. Does that mean they hate white guys? No, it means I'm a dick and got drunk and punched a security guard. Bad idea by the way . . . therewere way more of them than me. My bad.
Don't forget Obama's pastor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUbUBTlmAiA

[&o]

Old 03-20-2008, 03:17 PM
1st Gear

What's the name of this place?

Old 03-20-2008, 04:10 PM

jesus taught me, he did, to love my enemies!??!?! yeah....that's why you're badmouthing the "rich white people who run this country"....idiot sack of ****

Old 03-20-2008, 04:54 PM
1st Gear

It had NOTHING to do with racism, and your comment back to him adding the race card was ignorant. In factI feel your whole demeanor was ignorant andyou have noone to blame but yourself for not getting in that night. The fact that you changed and came back meant you were trying to go by their rules, but you had to make a comment like "is this more to your liking?" theres no better way to **** someone off than to comment like that, and if you wanted to get in you should have kept you mouth shut and not drawn attention to yourself. working security is a tough job and dealing with smart asses doesnt make it any easier on them. A drunk smart *** is even worse to deal with than a regular drunk. Maybe they were trying to prevent a problem. It's their job to keep the place in order, and a comment like that to a person with less restraint could have ended up in a fight that they would have to risk their bodies to break up. Give them some respect, and get off the racism BS, everyone is tired of it and it makes you look like someone that can't take responsibility or their own actions, and has to blame everything on something out of their control.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:03 PM
2nd Gear

Just from what you're saying, it sounds like the bouncer is stroking his own ego by keeping you out. Has his own 'rules', and then when you eliminated his first objection, he took that as a personal challenge to his authority. You could have been dressed in a tux the second time and you still wouldn't have got in. He's one of those guys you have to B.S. to make them feel 'important'....."Yes sir; No, sir", and all that.
--- You just didn't play by his rules. ( HATE those type of ppl, BTW )

Old 03-20-2008, 05:15 PM
4th Gear

Is it possible the bouncer was racist? Yea, but I wouldn't go as far as saying he was. A douchebag yes, racist I don't think so. To be honest, if I was the bouncer and I said you can't get in for whatever reason (it would be valid one, no bs) and you then respond with even a hint of aggression or sarcasm thats its for the night. Find another club. Besides, if the owner doesn't want me in his/her club, fvck it, I'll find somewhere else to party. The race card is so played out...I'm black btw

As for that pastor, hes a fvcking racist idiot.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:00 PM
2nd Gear

First off, to anyone syaing I played the race card, shut up. I never made that comment tothe securty guard. It was a joke between me and the guy who was hosting the party, which is what I also said in my original post. Second off, I live in Arizona, it owuld be really easy for me to assume everything is race related, but I don't. I'd be the first to tell you that most black people I encounter day to day here are retarded because they don't know anything outside of what they are taught.

Now with regards to me smart mouthing him, I walked by him and asked if "this is more to his liking" and he said yes... then I didn't talk to him anymore. he took it upon himself to take it further with no antagonizing from me. The head of security apologized to me at the end of the night also, but I forgot to mention that.

After I was turned down, that group of guys I was talking to went in. 2 of them had on baggier pants than I did, and they were admitted. A group of black men, walked up, and all of them were turned away.

It's one thing for a guy to be a dick, that happens all the time, but I know racism when I see it. Especially when the guy in questions overhears me making a comment to someone other than him about the possible implication of racism, and then decides he needs to talk to me further, despite the fact that I never said it was racism to him or to his superiors. Why so defensive all of a sudden? He never defended anything else I said, until that point. That's just odd.

And to Vaportrails, unfortunately you must have missed something, because the last time I checked, my "demeanor" was the same the entire night. I complied with their wishes. When I asked to leave, I left. I even changed clothes. So whatever idea or thoughts you had about me being ignorant or whatever are purely your own and are not reflected in my story one bit.

Old 03-22-2008, 03:23 PM
2nd Gear

It's not racism. Even when you don't talk much, you can convey a lot with your body language...may be you pissed him off the first, and the second time with it. Try going next time, and behave like everyone, and you will get in. I go to nightclubs all the time, and I have seen white guys getting punched on their face (seriously) by the bouncers. It happened in the club here in DC, called Ibiza nightclub. I think, there was a video of that club which I posted on another thread. Have a look and tellme, you will find people from every race on the earth there.

You can't run nightclubs and bars with racism in your mind. I have seen enough...

Oh btw, the video I was talking about...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du76128K3kI

Think about it.

Quick Reply: Racism Lives!!! (Rant)