Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

towtruck tows B7 A4... on rotors?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 12:01 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default towtruck tows B7 A4... on rotors?!

idiots.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/12/v...car-on-rotors/

Old 12-12-2008, 12:25 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Yeah, the people that owned that car were ******* idiots. They seriously thought they could leave a car on the street on blocks and life would be good while they took their time to get new wheels.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:16 PM
SoCal Crew Member/White Devil

They shouldn't have left the car on the street and at the same time there supposed neighbor who called the cops didn't realise that is the same car that has been there probably for months with the wheels on it. Where I live I know almost every body's car so I know when there is a new car in the parking lot. Also There was a police report in the window this whole thing is a little ridiculous. The tow company should know better, and the police should have checked into it a little bit more before having it dragged away, maybe they should have talked to the owners first to figure out a compromise. This is another example of people not giving a f**k about there jobs. And this is the kind of s**t that pisses me off. Is your job so bad you can't take the extra 5 minutes to do some f'ing work and figure out that the car is registered to the address it's parked in front of. What the hell is wrong with people. I would have my lawyer opening a civil suit with the city, immediatly.

Old 12-12-2008, 03:01 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Yeah seriously. I'm glad all my neighbors know what my truck looks like because it hasn't been moved in about a month. It's in a somewhat inoperable state just sitting in the cul de sac. But seriously, not only are they damaging the car, but the street. Say it popped off the cinder block and then what, 4000lbs of metal comes crashing down on the pavement cracking it, making huge *** pot holes, slides into another parked car.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:03 PM
SoCal Crew Member/White Devil

I like were your going with this what if it came off the cinder blocks and like launched threw the air like a 4000lbs projectile and crashed into a school bus killing 400 children then what. Then the tow truck driver pulls his piece and offs himself because he can't deal with the fact he just killed 800 children. Then the whole thing gets blamed on the neighbor for calling the police in the first place. then the parents of the 1200 dead children start rioting then the whole city riots then president Bush drops a nulear bomb on them to stop rioting. Then Keanu Reeves shows up and is like your planet? My planet. then the whole world blows up and we all die. all because some stupid lady with a badge wouldn't do her job. See what happens when your lazy, you end up blowing up the whole world. based off a true story.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:41 PM
4th Gear

Thats some bullshit! omg I would be furious if that was my car. I would sue the city then the tow truck company. Thats the kind of don't give a **** attitude city workers have when dealing with other peoples property. It's bad enough this lady had her wheels stolen but for the city to do that without even trying to contact her and maybe even warning her of pending action, is just ridiculous. I hope she gets compensated big time, **** it's all on film. If it was me I'd move, DC sucks...So much for good neighbors. The guy couldn't even knock on a few doors and ask whose car is sitting there. The douchebag probably knew and was envious of such a nice car in a crappy neighborhood.

Last edited by Trey25; 12-12-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:41 PM
4th Gear

Actually we do this stuff everyday

Fact of the matter is that the owners were idiots - sorry. You own a $70k performance car - you get wheels on it ASAP before rust settles in on the brake rotors.

That's a line of crap about wait for parts. Insurance companies pay out quickly for stuff like that and it's up to the owner to get it fixed. Not let it sit there for weeks.

Besides, almost all municipalities have laws prohibiting cars to be worked on on public roads (the main reason they call us in to remove them.

As for the damage? That's normal what the tow operator did so they won't have a complaint against them.

Funny, how a camera crew could be out there filming this, yet the owners were no where in sight?

Old 12-12-2008, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Palindari™
Actually we do this stuff everyday

Fact of the matter is that the owners were idiots - sorry. You own a $70k performance car - you get wheels on it ASAP before rust settles in on the brake rotors.

That's a line of crap about wait for parts. Insurance companies pay out quickly for stuff like that and it's up to the owner to get it fixed. Not let it sit there for weeks.

Besides, almost all municipalities have laws prohibiting cars to be worked on on public roads (the main reason they call us in to remove them.

As for the damage? That's normal what the tow operator did so they won't have a complaint against them.

Funny, how a camera crew could be out there filming this, yet the owners were no where in sight?
Rust settles on the brake rotors anyways. How would wheels stop that? How is that a normal way to tow a car? That guy is a ******* idiot.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:47 PM

Oh and by the way its an S4 not an A4.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:20 PM
4th Gear

when you're contracted to pull a vehicle off the road you do just that. If it has no wheels - oh well. What would have been idiotic is to drag it with a combo (wheel lift) truck. A flat bed will do the job. It's not like you can lift the vehicle up an onto the bed - it must be dragged.

We have a 98 Integra in the back. It was stolen and stripped and the local PD called us in - that's how we did it, along with about 100 lbs of dirt and weeds (it was left in a field).

As for rust on the rotors it's generally known that rust forms in about 4/5 days - depending on moisture in the air.

Here a claim is processed in about 48 hrs with check in hand - then again that depends on your ins company as well. But if you have a $70k car and it's up on blocks for longer than 2 days that's wrong.

It's the only way

Quick Reply: towtruck tows B7 A4... on rotors?!