Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

towtruck tows B7 A4... on rotors?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by CLX
There are plenty of cheap shitty wheels on tire rack. Plus, if they did that, they could have some wheels for snow tires.
Why should she have to buy new wheels from tirerack because somebody stole hers?

Old 12-13-2008, 06:50 PM
4th Gear

wow wtf

Old 12-13-2008, 07:40 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CLX
There are plenty of cheap shitty wheels on tire rack. Plus, if they did that, they could have some wheels for snow tires.
Even so, you would still have to wait for the Tire Rack to ship them. Its not like it was a mustang or an F150 when everything under the sun would fit. You would have better luck finding wheels if you had a MK 4 Jetta or something like that. I would have done whatever I could to take care of it quicker, but these are rich city people that would probably believe you if you told them the blinker fluid was low.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Tech Guru

Whatever, owner's fault. Everyone isn't out to service only you. Your not special.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:20 PM
4th Gear

Funny, but I bet there's more to this story.

Like she got paid for the rims and instead bought outfit and 24 pairs of shoes instead. lol

Here's a story - sorry for the length. Just a day in my life...

Gal is driving her 98 white Altima with her boyfriend and they stop at an intersection. Her BF gets into a verbal with the car next to on the drivers side. BF decides to play the guy with a tire iron and the other dude trumps him with a shotgun and shoots two blasts at him and the car. Gal gets hit and sent to hospital. Local cops impound the vehicle (we get it for storage).

Six days later she shows up and her bill for the towing is $405.

$185 for the tow
$150 for storage ($25 per day)
$70 for the lien paperwork (CA requireent after 72 hrs)

Next thing I know I have the local tv channel at my door accusing us of re-victimizing the gal in charging her the fees.

This was all off camera and I calmly explained the situation and that was the it of it.

This aired that night...http://www.kget.com/mediacenter/local.aspx

(look up Victim of Shooting Pays Unneccesary Impound Fees)

No mention that her BF started the incident with a tire iron and they arrested him on a parole violation. Or the fact she got the release from the cops the next day and then waited until the sixth day to come get the car, which would have saved her $195.

BTW you can see my TT parked out front to the left... lol...

She hasn't gotten reimbursed - which in cases of being a true victim in a crime does happen. So I'm assuming there's still more to the story....

Old 12-14-2008, 05:52 PM
1st Gear

Looks to me like it's the city's fault. She had the police report stating that it had been vandalized and a note saying that she was working on getting it taken care of on it. You would think that the city would contact her before they moved it at all. Insurance will probably cover it, but the city should be the ones to do so. I'm not a fan of lawsuits, but this is definitely going to end in one that the city will probably lose. As for suing the towing agency, she has no base for a suit. They were just doing their jobs, but it's still really harsh.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:29 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Originally Posted by Flip
Why should she have to buy new wheels from tirerack because somebody stole hers?
Because they have to come from somewhere, and it's better than sitting around with a car that's clearly in violation with her thumb up her ***. I don't buy the like that the dealership was waiting for them, because I'm sure that there was more than one dealership in the area because Audi isn't closing them like Ford and Chevy.

And yes, if she bought them online there would be a wait for shipping. But there are custom wheel and tire shops everywhere who would have been more than happy to help.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by airguard350
Whatever, owner's fault. Everyone isn't out to service only you. Your not special.
Fail.

She did everything correct! She filed a police report, and insurance claim and even put a copy of the police report in the window! Its not he fault the people who work for the city are complete morons. They had no reason to tow it! It wasn't reported stolen. As for the stupid *** neighbor down the street they probably called on purpose to see what would happen. I wouldn't even wish that on a Honda owner!

Old 12-14-2008, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by CLX
Because they have to come from somewhere, and it's better than sitting around with a car that's clearly in violation with her thumb up her ***. I don't buy the like that the dealership was waiting for them, because I'm sure that there was more than one dealership in the area because Audi isn't closing them like Ford and Chevy.

And yes, if she bought them online there would be a wait for shipping. But there are custom wheel and tire shops everywhere who would have been more than happy to help.
How was she in violation?

Old 12-14-2008, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Woodhead2k
I dont know about you, but after I dry my car and it sits for maaaaaybe and hour, rust begins to form on the rotors. After a night of rain here at school I'll come out and there will be a little rust on the rotors. At home its very dry, and ever here in Boulder its really dry. Rust forms quickly on rotors, especially if they're not covered by a rim for a little protection.
Rust will form no matter if there's a rim or not! Rust is actually the metal returning to its natural state.

Quick Reply: towtruck tows B7 A4... on rotors?!