Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

autocross

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 02:23 PM
3rd Gear
Default autocross

I ran last weekend at PSCCNY...and did pretty well...actually beat out a 99 vette and a bunch of other cars. Raw times i was 43/64...and the 1st about 15 cars were those little toy gocarts...so im quite happy with my times...

--E

Old 08-02-2006, 04:12 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: autocross

Good job! I've run 6 events this year with 6 class wins and been consistently around 3rd overall via PAX index. Vettes suck for auto-x in general. They sound good and are fun to watch but it's like a bull in a china shop~!
[:@]

Old 01-11-2007, 03:46 PM

S4 is like a bull in a china shop too...too much weight and a whole lot of car, turns in like a pig. more suitable for open road courses, not the tight twisty turny crap...

Old 01-14-2007, 10:33 PM
pms
1st Gear

3 drivers in my B6 S4 last weekend onvery hard street tiresand we finished 5th, 7th and about 10th in the PAX (if r-compounds returned the typical estimate of 2-seconds, then I thinkwe would all have been inside the top 5).All drivers werevery pleasantly surprised that the car did not drive anything like the nearly 2 ton car it is...it was very well balanced, very little sway,and showed lots of promise (once we adjusted to the delay in the throttle by wire). And this was a very tight course IMHO (several 1st gear corners with a couple pivot cones and nothing that came anywhere near a need for 3rd). It would push if you overcooked the entrance to a corner or tried to trail-brake too deep, but as long as you got your braking done early and modulated the throttle, it would turn very nicely and, of course, put the power down great. I figure some gumballs, an autocross alignment,some adjustable dampers, and maybe a front swaybar would make it a very competitive FS car regionally and possibly alittle beyond.If I could just cut down on my steady diet of pylons...

Old 02-16-2007, 03:43 PM

lol, yea wiping off cone splatter is not my idea of fun either.

Old 09-16-2007, 11:15 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: pms

3 drivers in my B6 S4 last weekend onvery hard street tiresand we finished 5th, 7th and about 10th in the PAX (if r-compounds returned the typical estimate of 2-seconds, then I thinkwe would all have been inside the top 5).All drivers werevery pleasantly surprised that the car did not drive anything like the nearly 2 ton car it is...it was very well balanced, very little sway,and showed lots of promise (once we adjusted to the delay in the throttle by wire). And this was a very tight course IMHO (several 1st gear corners with a couple pivot cones and nothing that came anywhere near a need for 3rd). It would push if you overcooked the entrance to a corner or tried to trail-brake too deep, but as long as you got your braking done early and modulated the throttle, it would turn very nicely and, of course, put the power down great. I figure some gumballs, an autocross alignment,some adjustable dampers, and maybe a front swaybar would make it a very competitive FS car regionally and possibly alittle beyond.If I could just cut down on my steady diet of pylons...
How do you like the B6 on the track? I've been contemplating B6 vs. B5 as I like the design of the B6 better, but as far as modability and sheer stats the B5 takes the cake. Have you driven a B5? Your impressions as far as tracking goes?

Thanks in advance!