RS Model Line Audi RS4 and Audi RS6..Pure race-car performance technology applied to the comfortable ride for which Audi is known

alot of rs6 questions, please advise!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 09:36 AM
1st Gear
Default alot of rs6 questions, please advise!

Hi!

I'm looking to purchase an 03' RS6 sometime in 7 or 8 months and wanted some questions answered.

How much should I be looking to pay? The obvious one,

Should I look for the lowest milage possible even if it cossts 3-4,000$ more? If the milage is higher, is there any chance the turbos get screwy?

On the same noter as above, I know the A6 2.7T models have frequent issues with their turbos...as do most other cars with turbos, they can just be difficult to maintain. I wanted to know from anyone who owns this vehicle what the pros and cons of that are, what you need to maintain the turbos. And how ofteen they do it, what they pay, etc.

Also, what package includes the ssolar sunroof to turn on the fan insside the car when not inside? I think that's the coolest option to put on :-D

Any other general informaation about the car would be swell. I love my A6, but I'm just very cautious. I was stupid and didn't get the vehicle inspected by an inspection ssite before I got it shipped. I trusted all the pictures on ebay (granted there were 24 of them) the car came with an almost inihilated back bumper, ssome terrible patching job on the side now resulting in rust, the inside wasn't in the best of condition either, and the engine had some major issues. All in all I had to put 4-5000$ into the car for fixes. I really don't want to buy a 30,000$+ car and have to put a shitload of money into it AGAIN to fix itt. Anyone feel my pain? But yeah, granted, I LOVE my A6 4.2 :-) it's my baby, but I'm lookin for this new beast. So yeaa, anyone can pitch in with some info, feel free.

Thank You

Old 07-13-2008, 11:21 AM
Default RE: alot of rs6 questions, please advise!

board won't let me post my reply - e-mail me rwk@gcis.net