RS Model Line Audi RS4 and Audi RS6..Pure race-car performance technology applied to the comfortable ride for which Audi is known
View Poll Results: A poll
Audi will lower prices.
0%
Audi will not lower prices.
88.24%
Audi can do no wrong and thus should raise prices.
11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Audi RS4 pricing vs the M3

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 01:56 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi RS4 pricing vs the M3

I have always believed Audi is overpriced. The RS4 while being a greatcar seems a bit expensive at $67,000 for a base model. Now the BMW M3 has finally revealed its price. Fora four door M3its going to cost you a little under $55,000. Is $12,000 worth the Audi. Given the poor resale value of Audi and the lower brand recognition compared to BMW I would venture to say no. The same holds true when you compare the 335i to the S4 again about a $10,000 difference. I really think Audi needs to rethink their sales strategy. What do you guys think? Will Audi lower prices to be more competitive?

Old 01-17-2008, 06:00 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi RS4 pricing vs the M3

Personally I feel Audi has a better build quallity. Everyone has their own opinion but that's mine. M3 is a great machine but I love the rs4. The rs4 also has awd, I know that doesnt cost 12k but it does cost a little bit more. If you wait a year the b8 s4 will be out and have a 3.0 bi-turbo engine to compete with the 335i.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:40 PM
1st Gear

Hi all,
murphy_boy_2 is right, Audi has afar better build quality than BMW, not only that, they generally have a higher status these days as well, dont get me wrong, the new M3 has proved to be a powerful, good handling Car.....but thats about as far as it goes! The M3is very bland & boring to look at on the outside, as well as its very plain & plastic looking on the inside....you dont have to spend much time in realising why the M3 is cheaper.Whywould youwanttobuy a 4Door M3 anyway? Its meant to be a'Sporty'2 DoorCoupe!To be honest, I dont know why they even compareit with the RS4, as there not really in the same class....the new up & coming Audi RS5 Coupe would be a better match, as there more of a similar size & style......Eventhough, the new RS4 B8 will blow both these Cars out of the water, when it finally arrives!

Old 01-21-2008, 04:37 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: GibRS4

Hi all,
murphy_boy_2 is right, Audi has afar better build quality than BMW, not only that, they generally have a higher status these days as well, dont get me wrong, the new M3 has proved to be a powerful, good handling Car.....but thats about as far as it goes! The M3is very bland & boring to look at on the outside, as well as its very plain & plastic looking on the inside....you dont have to spend much time in realising why the M3 is cheaper.Whywould youwanttobuy a 4Door M3 anyway? Its meant to be a'Sporty'2 DoorCoupe!To be honest, I dont know why they even compareit with the RS4, as there not really in the same class....the new up & coming Audi RS5 Coupe would be a better match, as there more of a similar size & style......Eventhough, the new RS4 B8 will blow both these Cars out of the water, when it finally arrives!
Well, so far most auto mags seem to think they are in the same league and hence there is a large number of articles on M3 v RS4...

Old 01-23-2008, 06:31 PM
PW
1st Gear

I would've liked to pay 10 grand less for my 08 RS4 yet, It's part of the price you pay for some exclusivity. I also agree that the build quality and style are superb compared to an M3......so how's that for riding the fence!

PW - 08 RS4 Daytona Grey /Titanium Package

Old 02-19-2008, 02:01 PM
1st Gear

I will agree that Audi has a better quality product. I was just shopping over the last three weeks for a mean street machine. Plenty of HP and good looks. I have owned other Audi's, but wanted to consider other makes this purchase. I looked at the BMW Line, Porsche, Mercedes, Lexus and of course ... Audi.

After all of the test drives, looking, pricing, financing, etc ... Audi is what I came back to. I bought an 08' RS4 this past Friday. Daytona Gray, Black with Red Inserts. Just AWESOME! And, Audi Financial is giving 3.9% for 60 months! This is a great rate considering the value of the car.

My last Audi was an S4 from a few years ago. A very nice car as well but does not compare to the RS4. So for me, in the end, the pricing was not as big a factor. I came back to what I trust and know.... and this is Audi. I am thinking that maybe my next car may be the R8 someday. God willing!

Brian
2007 Q7 Premium
2008 RS4