S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Another new S4 owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 03:12 PM
1st Gear
Default Another new S4 owner

Thats right...there is ANOTHER new S4 owner here! Just like Dimcorner, I bought a 2001 S4 (but for my wifes B-Day, not for me [sm=smiley6.gif]) last night. Her car is/has:

2001 S4 (Pre-2001.5)
Silver exterior
Black leather interior
77K miles
Revo program/with programmer

Otherwise the car is copletely stock! The belts (timing and serpt.), water pump, stock TBB, and other normal maint stuff was just changed. The car spent most of it's life as a lease, and then was purched by the person I bought it from. CarFax has all the maint records during the lease period, and the 2nd owner had all of his maint records. The car is VERY clean, and runs extremely well. The turbos are almost totally silent. The interior is flawless and EVEYTHING is there (even the road hazard triangle thing and fully stocked first ad kit).

We are amazed at the details in the car, all of the attention made by Audi in the interior lighting and fit of everything. I'm even amazed how solid it sounds when the doors are closed. This just seems like an EXTREMELY well built car, and look foreward to many years of driving/moding it.

My plans for mods are:
- Next weekend or two:
- DIY piggies.
- Darintake
- Tint windows
- 710 DV's
- Near future (next 3-4 months)
-Either Borla or Vibrant cat-back
- Just cant afford to spend a lot of $$$$ right now
- Its my wifes car and she is not into VERY loud or raspy (poping, backfiring)exhausts
-Nav system with Ipod interface

- Within a year
- Suspension
-Due to cost...probably just sport springs/struts (coil-overs would be nice though)
-RS4 bumper (with associated ahardware)
- My wife has NEVER showed interest in cars, but she is all about this S4. I showed her a pic of and
S4 sedan with a RS4 bumper and she went nuts over it. If it wasnt for the cost, we would be ordering it ASAP.
-Vent mount boost guage

Anyone have any suggestions/comments of things I might address (replace/upgrade) prior to something listed above? I'll post some pics once my darn wife stays home long enough for me to take a picture of it!!!!!

Old 09-23-2007, 12:03 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Another new S4 owner

Sounds good! Your mods are nice, but plan on stupid things to pop up & take your mod money. Your suspension might move up on your list, when the CA & TRE's need to be replaced, your also looking at doing brakes & rotors soon, unless they were just done.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:59 AM
1st Gear

Arms were done ~8 months ago when the previouse owner noticed the tires wearing unevenly. He replaced them and bought 4 new Michelin Pilots. I'll look at the tie rod ends next weekend to see if there is any play in them. I am going to have the tires off at that time to paint the calipers...so I'll also remove the rotors to have them checked out and/or turned. The neighborhood repair shop is only a street away, and gives GREAT deals to people that live inthe area. Any time we need something done that is beyond my capabilities/schedule, he does it for us.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:16 PM
SoCal Crew Member/White Devil

nice purchase kjack. hopefully we will be seeing you and your wife around Fresno.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:21 PM
1st Gear

Fresno???? CA???

I live in Hanford.........wierd

Old 09-24-2007, 07:42 PM
1st Gear

Think about doing the oil cooler mod. Probably could save some stress on the turbos so they dont blow up. It could be expensive though, I think for an aftermarket one its like 1000 bucks. But well worth it Im sure.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:56 PM
1st Gear

Windows got tinted Saturday (5% rear/50% front). my wife does triathlons and will be out of town the weekend of the 19th...so I'll be doing the DIY piggie mod and Darintake. I might be painting the calipers that weekend as well...it all depends on if I can stop driving it long enough after the piggie mod .

Superdug,
Things are VERY busy for us right now (wifes tri's and I'm training for a century (109 mile) bike ride in Tuscon in November), but we'll have time to meet up with people soon after!

Old 09-24-2007, 11:28 PM
1st Gear

You missed my post......I live in Hanford, maybe we could all meet up sometime.