S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

chip question..

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 10:45 AM
1st Gear
Default chip question..

i just got my 00 s4 and found out that there is a chip in the car. when i push and hold the cruse set, the checkengine light flashes 1 a few times then 2 a few times then3 a fewtimes. is ther any way to tell me who makes this chip and or what the settings are. i looked at the emc just the reg markings. the car also has bailey div's, k&n filter and a short shifter. i dont know if it has any thing else.anyone know what type of h.p. im looking at or any problems with that combo. thank you

Old 10-27-2007, 11:29 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: chip question..

APR makes a program for their chips that involves the cruise control stalk. The program allows you to put it in valet mode, or stock mode, all involving messing with the cruise control stalk. So if your car also seems like its not running to its full potential this could be why. Check out their website for more info.
http://www.goapr.com
[align=left] [/align]

Old 10-27-2007, 03:49 PM
2nd Gear

where are you from?? i had the same problem when i bought my car i had a apr chip in it and it was on security lockout mode through the cruise control..what you ave to di is either find someone with the apr home programmer or buy it from apr it is 135 with all the connections you need them it tells you how to do ecerything through their website you can add whatever programs you want as example i installed stock for 1 valet for 2 91 for 3 and 93 for 4..so now i can switch throught those programs using my curise control...if you are in the new hampshire area i can do it for you i have the apr home programmer .....

Old 10-30-2007, 05:39 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the help but i live in N.J. and i calledapr today with no help.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:25 AM

I'd put 93 Octain gasin it just to be safe and if you hear any pinging under acceleration then let off the gas and take it easy. It would suck to have 93 oct in the tank with the racing gas program loaded. I'd load program one just to be safe. I would assume that most people would have program oneset to either stock or 93 oct.As you learn what each program does be sure to write it down.

You probably already know this but here it is again just-in-case.
APR has taken your cruise control buttons and utilized them for this function. Your cruise control will continue to function as normal, but will give you the ability to scroll through the programs you have purchased on your APR chipped ECU. The procedure is simple and involves only two steps.

Step 1: Press and hold the "set" button on your cruise control. After approximately five seconds, the "check engine" light on your dash will begin to blink once per second. This will tell you that you are activating program one. This blinking sequence will continue for approximately five seconds.

After this five second interval, the "check engine" light will begin blinking twice per second. This will indicate that you have activated the second program. This process is continued to access any remaining programs you may have purchased. (three blinks = program three, four blinks = program four).

Step 2: Once you have activated the desired program, simply release the "set" button. The "check engine" light will go off, and you will be locked in that program until you change it.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:34 PM
1st Gear

god you noobies crack me up.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:48 PM

Seriously. I looked at his other posts and his only contributions are to say "I agree with what the guy above says". The rest are insults.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:24 PM

That has to be an exciting feeling.