S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Doing Battle with Dealership tomorrow need advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 09:21 PM
Default Doing Battle with Dealership tomorrow need advice

Hi gang. Been lurking for a while and already have been helped a lot by what I've seen here. I am finally going to buy a B6 S4 and tomorrow may be the day. I have found a local dealer with an '05 B6 Nogaro with only 6600k on it and it is a CPO. It has everything but NAV. I have seen it listed at 43K and would really like to go in and get it for under 40 drive out. I've looked at a lot of these and was originally wanting to be in the 35K range for one with closer to 25K on the clock and would still be happy with that as a plan b. But for a little more money, 100k warranty and only 6600 on it I am willing to pay a little more.

So what do you guys think... Can it be done? What would be realistic. KBB seems to say trade in on it was around 37,550 but I know KBB values don't mean all that much anymore.

This is Atlanta and there just aren't a lot of S4s running around here so hopefully they are eager to get rid of it.

Thanks for your input. I am going by around 9am tomorrow.

Robbie

Old 08-10-2006, 10:37 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Doing Battle with Dealership tomorrow need advice

Go for it dude, the B6 S4 in Nogaro looks sick as does Imola!

If i was u i would buy one with as few miles and as much warranty as possible and at the same time squeeze the dealer say some thing along the lines of : if u wont the full amount of 39K or wat eva i u bank account this evening i am ready now at that price.
And make sure the throw in some accessories too

Just ask u self if u goin to be in the car for 100K too or u be out of it earlier?

With KBB its used as a very rough guide and ref only so dont campare too much

Good luck

Old 08-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Site Moderator

well to start it is sprint blue not nogaro. other than that.. the 2005 are holding their value much better than the 04's.. the kbb on yours for retail is 44. so i wouldnt say you have a whole lot of leeway.. My best advice is know what your talking about.. dont let them talk down to you.. have a price set that you wont go over and if they cant meet that price..walk away. if they want the sale bad enough they will make it happen. my other advice is.. have finacing ready before you go in. if you can cut a check on the spot you have a huge leverage on them. do some other resarch and try to find some other ones that are a bit lower in price.. and use that as a comparison..

but like i said.. that is a low mile s4, with a extended warranty so you probably cant knock a whole lot off.. but a car of that price id think you can get 2 grand off.. maybe start by saying you want to get to 39. and be ready to pay that.. let them know that.. and also let them know youre not in a rush to buy a car and you can wait for what you want. hopefully with that you can get them to 40

Old 08-11-2006, 01:27 AM
2nd Gear

a good reference page i look at is cars.com. i just looked at the used car block for audi s4 any distance and there were hundreds of results for 04-06 with a lot of b6 05 with less mileage (i didn't look too close to see when they were updated) and full of options running in the high 30k range. and nogaro didn't go away until 05.5 b7.

Old 08-11-2006, 01:32 AM
3rd Gear

You can go in there and go for whatever you want. If you hang in there, you should get close to $39k but I wouldn't bet on getting it close to $35k. If you get it for under $40k with a warranty, you have drove off a winner. Keep us posted and good luck. I hate buying a new car!!! [:@]

Old 08-11-2006, 04:56 AM
Site Moderator

you sure cheese?? i thought 04 was the last year for it... and they brought in sprint in 05..

Old 08-11-2006, 06:41 AM
2nd Gear

yeah, for the b6 i believe there was actually a cross over period in 05 and both blues were options.

Old 08-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Site Moderator

yeah..that sounds about right...