S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

dream b5 audi s4

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 03:03 PM
1st Gear
Default dream b5 audi s4

ok im 16,
i have known about the whole tuning scene since i was ten. before the fast and furious. i have gone through stages of cars that i wanted including a datsun 240z with a rb26dett trans plant with like 1000+ hp. fully built etc. but i have always been atracted to audi. so i originally wanted a 95 A4 and then like 2 weeks ago for the hell of it i found out about the b5 audi s4 and how cheap it is and the perks it comes with are unbeatable. and i was sold right then and there and from then on i wanted one. i have to pay for the car and am mowing yards this season to get the money for one and some modifications. so these are the modifications im thinking about for the car and would like ur guys's input about any issues with these cars etc. that i should know about before i buy one.

*AWE ko4 kit with the headers and fueling. the whole package or a garret gt25-30 turbo system
*AWE intercoolers
*AWE tuning down pipes or piggie pipes or milltek exhaust system
*GIAC ecu upgrade
*GMG lightweight flywheel
*GMG/SACHS racing clutch stage 2
*possibly 01e audi 6 speed tranny
*B&M short shifter
*AWE drive train stabilizer
*Brembo 355x32mm 6-piston brakes in the front
*Brembo 328x28mm 4-piston brakes in the rear
*possibly DYMAG carbon/magnesium rims or BBS RS-GT 18x9
*carbon fiber trim
*2 Bride Gias seats
*takata racing harnesses
*gmg custom roll cage
*STaSIS motor sport coilovers
*Audi electronic lowering module
*H-sprot sway bars
*Oettinger s4 rear spoiler
*vorsterner vented race hood carbon fiber double sided.
*Carbon fiber quater panels
*possibly and rs4 body kit
*Dark metallic blue with a hint of purple or skyline's midninght purple color
*tuning by AWE/GMG/VAST/or WICKED
*APR carbon fiber intake
*Greddy boost controler
*Greddy turbo timer
*Greddy fan timer
*AEM boost gauge
*remove rear seats possibly, spare tire, tool kit.

once again this would be a car that would take years to build and i am only thinking about this as i have to produce all of the money for this project and i mow yards with my brother. i need to know every little bit of info on this car and what i should use instead of the desired parts above. any and all advice is welcome and wanted. i am shooting for like a 600 to 650 awhp daily driver. and i would appreciate all the info/problems with these cars before i dive head first into a mess i wouldn't be able to get out of.

THANKS [8D][/size]

Old 02-13-2008, 03:06 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: dream b5 audi s4

mow ALOT of yards

Old 02-13-2008, 03:12 PM
2nd Gear

that's gonna be one heck of a unreliable daily driver imo! sick... but not for DD. start mowing man! btw... byt the time you will be able to buy one, in a few years, these cars may have a LOT of miles on them, Keep reading and look on other sites AW and AZ for example.
one thing you missing... WIIIIIDE BODY!!

Old 02-13-2008, 03:39 PM
2nd Gear

I was in the same boat you were in when I was 16, (19 now) first thing...you have a lot of lawns ahead of you. you really gotta think about all the love this car needs. you never think of it until you have it.

every 3000mi full synthetic oil change.

CV boots

spark plugs, filters air and pollen.

random sensors.

Tires

Also think about gas. If your willing to put everything you have towerds the car go for it. I know I am.

One way of fixing the labor costs is learning to wrench on it yourself. so I got myself an internship at an Audi & Porsche dealership. I'm not your parent you can do what you want. but I would suggest starting with an B5 A4 2.8 to get into what you are generally looking at with general issues. I started with a '99 A6 2.8 Avant. then traded it for an A6 2.7T, still have that and moved to the S4.

Good luck man, you just may want to start with a little less then an S. Remember an A4 is still pretty impressive for a 16 year old.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:40 PM
1st Gear

well me and my bro are gonna make about 40 large this season so that is like the car and the exhaust and ecu, and some other stuff off the list. also i might leave the interior the same and not go all out and make a track killer beast. want it like the wicked motorsporst s4 that has like 623 hp. look on youtube for it and search s4. second one i believe. so this is all a dream right know. and the rs4 kit is a wide body on gmg i believe

Old 02-13-2008, 03:55 PM
2nd Gear

you'll need about 40 large just in parts.. widebody rs4 (my b) are 8-9 grand.. GT kits 15 grand. level 10 tranny - who knows?
everything else up.. and u catch my drift.. not to mention maintenance

a business suggestion... hire 20 illegals and pay them $2/ hr. they'll be happy cuz they have never seen so much and you'll be makin bank!

Old 02-13-2008, 04:08 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the business advice but me and my brother are only doing about 50 yards hopefully. 30 for sure. but thats like 40 and hour and thats about 5 hours a day. so thats like almost a grand a month for all 20. 7 grand off of 40 and u get 33. it all adds up. so when me and my bro can do the labor in the same time with the mowers we hae there is no point and they could go to a different business and make more money. 20 of them is for like 300-400 yards. thank you for the advice. hope to get a sweet ride this year.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:30 PM
3rd Gear

With your goal of 600+ HP you will not be able to use K04's. Your going to be revising that list ALOT. Plan on spending lots and lots more money that you originally intend.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:43 PM
1st Gear

so... "IF" you have 40 lawns, and you split with your brother, andyou charged65 bucks a lawn, and made50 bucks in profit, $50 x20 lawns= $1,000 and there are say 4 months or 16 weeks... 16 weeksx $1000 = $16,000 for you...

That'll buy you a decent B5 S4... with no money for performance, not to mention the cost of insurance for this car for a 16 year old... I have a425hp SUV that nearly cost 50 grand new, and thefull coverage insurance premium on the2007 Jeepis equal to the 2000 Audi S4 with the same coverage.

You will need to up them lawn mowing numbers, or profit per lawn.

ANYWHO... good luck, let us know your results.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:54 PM
1st Gear

i will most definitely report in on the process and i believe that the list will become more tha njust groceries. it will become a grecerory store itself or the parts are more than the car. anywho this is all a dream that i wish could be a reality. very hard work. thankyou for the feedback and the tips for the 600hp lofty goal and to be able to achieve it.

Quick Reply: dream b5 audi s4