S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Factory Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 08:10 AM

The Clean Sweep is usually a good product for adding an aftermarket head unit or amplifier to most systems. It is installed inline with the head unit's line level input to the amplifiers. They've been successfully installed on tons of apps.
But I agree with yesss4 in the respect that, I wouldn't change just one or the other I'd change both only. The Audi bose system just doesn't agree well with those types of changes.

Now on the other hand, the Clean Sweep , wouldn't be beneficial nor necessary if the only components you were changing were speakers.

That is because it's an Analog to Digital converter. It digitizes and "cleans-up" the signal going into the amp.
However, the signal coming back out of the amp going to the speakers is analog once again.
Speakers can't process a bunch of 1's and 0's from a digital signal,
they need an analog signal to produce different frequencies.

So I can say that the system could have some benefits to a speaker change if you use ones with the same input sensitivity so you can still take full advantage of the available power without sacrificing volume range or sound quality.

Last edited by RED_01; 01-29-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:53 AM
2nd Gear

I'm parting out my NAV set up from my 2005.5 S4. See this post:

https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...25#post1036825

Old 02-06-2009, 05:52 PM
1st Gear

I had a hard time paying attention so I went down to the bottom of the page.. BTW you have a beautiful S I really like the B6's in Red. To get to the nitty gritty, there are places who replace stock stereos for aftermarket, sometimes they will have left over speakers. I would recommend calling some of them and asking if they do. If you are having a hard time finding one. I will tell you that I have found a new favorite speaker company called Focal it is the cleanest sounding speaker I have ever heard. I have gone through the old school ADS speakers, MB Quarts, Alpines, Kenwood, JL Audio, Bose. The focals are the best speakers, in my opinion, on the market.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:54 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by RED_01
The Clean Sweep is usually a good product for adding an aftermarket head unit or amplifier to most systems. It is installed inline with the head unit's line level input to the amplifiers. They've been successfully installed on tons of apps.
But I agree with yesss4 in the respect that, I wouldn't change just one or the other I'd change both only. The Audi bose system just doesn't agree well with those types of changes.

Now on the other hand, the Clean Sweep , wouldn't be beneficial nor necessary if the only components you were changing were speakers.

That is because it's an Analog to Digital converter. It digitizes and "cleans-up" the signal going into the amp.
However, the signal coming back out of the amp going to the speakers is analog once again.
Speakers can't process a bunch of 1's and 0's from a digital signal,
they need an analog signal to produce different frequencies.

So I can say that the system could have some benefits to a speaker change if you use ones with the same input sensitivity so you can still take full advantage of the available power without sacrificing volume range or sound quality.
We put an Eclipse DVD NAV indash screen Headunit in my sisters B6 2005 S4 and it sounds better than with the stock head unit. No problems with the speakers either. The indash, not the flip out, fits the nicest.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:44 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by 02AvantImola
The focals are the best speakers, in my opinion, on the market.
^ ditto ^ I have the Focals and love the sound.