S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

gauges

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 04:17 PM
1st Gear
Default gauges

hey guys, i recently purchased a B5 S4 so i am sort of a noob to the community but i have been building boosted Honda's for about seven years now so i am not a noob to working on vehicles and knowledge of them. I jut have a few needs of recommendation's from more knowledgeable audi owners. I have a bunch of gauges including AEM UEGO gauge, and oil pressure, fuel pressure, exhaust temp, and boost all electronic peak and hold Greddy gauges. I am selling most of my honda stuff, but i am not gonna get near what i paid for these gauges, and i was wondering if they would be worth while keeping them for the S4. I also have a HKS turbo timer i have had for years but never installed. Any suggestions?

Old 08-06-2007, 04:23 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: gauges

Sell it all, you don't need that stuff in the S4. Even the TT, the S4 has one built in.

Working on the Audi, is, well, VERY different from the Honda. The electronics are so much smarter, the engine bay is much more cramped, & things cost a whole bunch more when they break.

Try to forget much of what you know of the Honda, & look at the Audi with new eyes. Trust me, the car is frustrating to work on! Just take the Airbox out to swap the filter & you will see what I mean.

Read the FAQ @ the top of the page, lots of good S4 info in it.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:33 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the input so quickly. i have been reading through all that stuff and through many many random threads as well as DIY's. I have learned alot about the care and my goals with this car are much different then the honda. I am used to the cost of things because my brother has owned an M3 for the last 4 years and i have worked on that for him. I spent about 25K on mods on the civic and so i am used to spending monday, i traded out the the S4 because its a much nicer car and is alot more suitable for everyday driving/fun driving, and i am very prepared to spend money on this car as i have been carefully planning my mods already. oh, and by the way, i purchased an 2001 Imola and really like the direction you have gone with yours. and sorry for dragging all that out, i am just trying to explain that i am not some little ricer kid that knows **** about anything and wastes there money on pointless objects that either make there car look ridiculous and or sound ridiculous. I built mine for seven years all motor and suspension, to this day as a part it out, still has completely stock body, stock wheels, and has nice quite exhaust

Old 08-06-2007, 05:32 PM
2nd Gear

You can keep the gauges, all gauges are more or less the same. Just need to find the right pods for mounting them. Boost and EGT will work the same as your Honda's, just drill and tap.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:39 PM
1st Gear

thats what i assumed, i have been thinking about keeping some of them because they are all kinda nice to have, but at the same time i dont really need alot of them. i really would like to keep boost, oil pressure, and EUGO but do not know where to mount them, or really if its worth keeping ay of them but the boost gauge. i might even just mount it in the glove box and check it out when i need to, they have peak/hold so i can see the highest i have hit even if i dont actually see it happen

Old 08-10-2007, 07:08 PM

afr gauge isn't that necc. yet, not until you at least start messing with fueling, intake etc.

as for the built in turbo timer of our car, it is only triggered once your car hits a certain temp. soit is still helpful to have a turbo timer. just make sure you wire it correctly or you will have all sorts of issues with your locking mech.