S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Hey! I'm new but I'm not...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 10:03 PM
1st Gear
Default Hey! I'm new but I'm not...

Hey guys! Just picked up my 2000 S4 last night! I've been driving my 2001 A4 1.8T for the last 2 years and I've upgraded. So I'm making my presence known here as I've been chillin in the A4 forums for a while. Anyway, my S4 has a GIAC-X tune(93oct), Vibrant cat-back exhaust, AWE DTS and from what I can tell, only by looking, Stratmosphere DV's. my boost gauge shows boost spiking at 18-19 and settles about 16-17. So it gets up and goes pretty well. Here's some pics. I'm not trying to get too crazy as it will be my DD but anyone have any advice on things I should do from here. I'm thinking I may just drop it on some coil overs and Plasti Dip the rims and chrome pieces. As far as performance, maybe some Hi-flo cats?

Ps. NY winters suck!

Attached Thumbnails Hey! I'm new but I'm not...-image.jpg  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:33 AM
1st Gear

Congratulations! Just for your info that these S4/S6 2000-models have huge brake calipers in the front which make it difficult to find nice wheels. If you are thinking to change the wheels look for "lipless" models.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:37 AM
1st Gear

Thanks! Ill keep that in mind, that is in fact something I want to change in the near future. I like Rotiform's concave/super concave wheels, and BBS's of course! :-P

Old 02-06-2013, 03:59 PM
2nd Gear

welcome!

youre probably gonna want to start off with preventative maintenance. like new vacuum lines, silicone boost hoses, replace fluids, burning those chrome door handle covers, boost leak check, etc.

when was the timing belt last done?

Old 02-06-2013, 06:02 PM
1st Gear

Haha yes! Chrome is already gone! All the vacuumed lines and hoses were either good or replaced. So I should be ok for now there. And timing belt was done about 20,000 ago. I appreciate the words of wisdom guys!

What's the best DV's? I don't know much about what I have, and I don't want to find out they won't hold up long.

Last edited by B5Soldier; 02-07-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:54 PM
2nd Gear

i seem to see people change from stratmosphere dv's all the time. Though i've never heard of a problem with them. its probably because theyre an older dv and people just want to get something newer. i run forge 007 dv's. most upgraded dv's are overkill for anything stage 3 and under. The popular upgrade are the 710n dv's straight from the audi tt 225 model. i'd say stick with what you have if theyre running fine. theyre better than stock and are probably rebuild-able.

as for other upgrades go for some 3" down pipes, coilovers, 034 rear sway, 034 snub mount and apikol rear diff mount. Also get a silicone throttle body boot! The rubber(stock) ones a re prone to tear under boost.