S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

I need a cold air intake and need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 02:29 AM
Default I need a cold air intake and need suggestions

I have a 2001 S4 with 180km on it. I ve done lots of bodywork and now I'm starting on the motor. If u could point me in the right dirrection... .. .. it would be appreciated.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:31 AM
Default RE: I need a cold air intake and need suggestions

I have an 2001 S4 with 180000km on it. I want to start with a cold air intake and exsaust, then a chip.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:50 AM

Try the S4 forum, you are in the "chop shop"(photo editing/graphic design)

Old 02-12-2007, 06:49 PM
1st Gear

Well you can do the chip first, then with the chip replace the DV with 007's or forge, or baileys valves. Then change the Throttle body boot to a samco hose TBB, <-- these things are know for leaking when a car is chipped. As for the intake, leave it the way it is. If anything cut a big hole at the bottom of your air box and you'll be ok, The stock intake is already placed in a great location where it can recieve cold air from the wheel well. There is yet a Open element intake that shows significant gains if any. Numbers also showed that the stock paper filter is better than running the K&N flat panel air filter. After this start withyour exhaust, do the piggie pipes, cheapest way to get performance out of the exhuast, Piggie pipes shoudl be enough untill you go stage 3 from there you'll prob want to go with a bigger DP's have fun

Old 02-15-2007, 03:00 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Line Em Up

Well you can do the chip first, then with the chip replace the DV with 007's or forge, or baileys valves. Then change the Throttle body boot to a samco hose TBB, <-- these things are know for leaking when a car is chipped. As for the intake, leave it the way it is. If anything cut a big hole at the bottom of your air box and you'll be ok, The stock intake is already placed in a great location where it can recieve cold air from the wheel well. There is yet a Open element intake that shows significant gains if any. Numbers also showed that the stock paper filter is better than running the K&N flat panel air filter. After this start withyour exhaust, do the piggie pipes, cheapest way to get performance out of the exhuast, Piggie pipes shoudl be enough untill you go stage 3 from there you'll prob want to go with a bigger DP's have fun

Just running a box here with a hole in the bottom. It is the best thing for our cars. No real gains with a CAI. Do like he said for the mods.

Old 02-15-2007, 04:11 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the back up, ya i'm run a big hole as well, i also cut out the vents on the wheel well ( i have to make sure not to floor it through puddles. CAI require cutting and moving parts, and making it fit, that can get expensive, and you will gain the same or less than what your gaining from the stock airbox.

Old 02-15-2007, 04:19 AM

Post pics of your bodywork.