S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

loud DV

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 08:06 PM
1st Gear
Default loud DV

i currently have A4, but this weekend I worked on S4 for a friend… after fob was done I took it for a ride… and OMG! … that thing pulls …. i’m definitely getting one for myself… just wanted to know how loud DV on S4 really is? coz one we have is pretty loud, u can hear it with my windows up… it look pretty much stock to me… all the original parts… boost gauge coming to see if it was chipped…

Old 04-16-2007, 08:31 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: loud DV

I dont think DV's are loud...since they dont vent the air out which makes the "pshhhhh" sound that the BOV make ???..I could be wrong....Ive been looking for some good sound clip of S4 with loud DV, but I cant find any......

ecs tuning sells the FORGED 007 DV's..

Old 04-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Site Moderator

oh god..here we go again, STFA. or look on the page there is like 4 relateable threads on it.

They arent very loud though. I usually only hear mine unless im on a bridge or somewhere next to a median that bounces the sound up.

Old 04-17-2007, 04:20 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Chip, intake and forge DV's will be easier to hear than stock

Old 04-17-2007, 01:22 PM
1st Gear

tnx for the info, we checked DV on it and it looks pretty normal to me, oh one more thing i forgot to mention, plastic “air vent” from front grill to the airbox is missing, so it’s sucking all the hot air from under the hood. Not sure what’s wrong with this audi, i never heard one like this loud even with BT. I’ll try to record some sound in a day or two.
one more question, how’s clutch on S4? i had to replace my on A4, coz original audi clutch is stinks.and this S4 feels almost like stage 3 on my A4… is it normal?

Old 04-17-2007, 02:59 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: SacTown_Vlad

tnx for the info, we checked DV on it and it looks pretty normal to me, oh one more thing i forgot to mention, plastic “air vent” from front grill to the airbox is missing, so it’s sucking all the hot air from under the hood. Not sure what’s wrong with this audi, i never heard one like this loud even with BT. I’ll try to record some sound in a day or two.
one more question, how’s clutch on S4? i had to replace my on A4, coz original audi clutch is stinks.and this S4 feels almost like stage 3 on my A4… is it normal?
Dv's don't make a lot of noise. I do know that if you install then backwards they will make more noise.

Sucking in the hot engine air is bad for performance & bad for gas mileage. He might want to pick up that plastic piece.

I'm going to go out on a limb here & say he has a boost leak some where in the intake track. That's why you are hearing the DV's.

Stock clutch is fine, RS4 is better, they last a long time if you don't launch it a lot.