S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Missing something....

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 04:04 PM
3rd Gear
Default Missing something....

Name:  0629091505-1.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  79.2 KB

Still waiting on intercoolers and exhaust! I ordered 034 3" downpipes and testpipes over 3 months ago, they redesigned part of them and have been backed up. They assured me they would finish them up and send em out soon.

ER intercoolers were ordered 2 weeks ago, but of course they sold out. As soon as they make some more mine will be drop-shipped. ARG.

I should probably order my clutch because with my luck that will take forever also. Theres so much i want to buy i dont know how to prioritize anymore. ARD bipipes, Samco hoses, Meth kit, Oil cooler, X1 intake, AWE twin 1, fuel pump... it will all come in time. And i still havent figured out how im going to inspect it with test pipes, theres so much i want to do before i get it tuned i might end up going 3- all winter (who needs 400whp in the snow anyway) and just do it in the spring that way i can get EVERYTHING i want on the car, including some LM reps and a cayenne brake kit....

So what should i buy this week? I havent driven the car(legally) since march. less miles. whatever....

Old 06-29-2009, 04:23 PM
2nd Gear

I like your planning.

Is the tranny rebuild from JHM? If you're doing the work yourself, I'm really curious to see your thoughts on the rebuild process.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:31 PM
1st Gear

man you must be tweaking! Funny though i have been wanting to order the 034 DP as well. Also the ER SMIC. Both on back order eh. guess ill join the long line....

Old 06-29-2009, 04:45 PM
3rd Gear

Transmission rebuild is the complete kit from JHM, i also got the linkage upgrade and stabilizer bushing, and a weighted delrin shift ****, allready have the short shifter. I plan on doing it myself, ill check back in and let everyone know how it was. Should have a Vast Stage 3 clutch going in with it.

The 034 downpipes look gorgeous(from pictures). Im getting em with the 3" vband testpipes which are bad ***. Im really excited but i want them now! Apparrently there was 4 people in front of me, and i ordered/paid march 27.

ER's sold out like 3 days before i ordered. Apparrently ER had cores on order and WMS said they would be getting more "soon" whatever that means. I ordered through JHM and ER should just drop ship them to me. I hope everything comes in soon im getting antsy!

Old 06-29-2009, 05:50 PM

must be nice to have that extra cash lyin around...i have a second car im restoring so i never have any money left for my audi. im thinkin about just selling both and buyin an M coupe or newer 330ci. both are out of my budget but one of these days ill be back to a one car guy

Old 06-29-2009, 07:27 PM
3rd Gear

Well... im on probation so i do have quite a bit of extra money around these days. Really though i work 70+ hours a week and dont spend a cent on anything other than my car, and a tank of gas every 3-4 weeks (thank god for a 3 mile commute to work). I would have had to sell the S long ago if i didnt have another car to drive. Iv been driving my dads saab 9-5 and boy does it make me miss the S.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:48 PM

my job is salary based so no matter how many hours i put in its the same size paycheck.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:02 PM
3rd Gear

As long as its the right size that sounds good to me!

Im work on a farm, hourly pay, no overtime, long hours....but hey i get a nice tan and dont have to go to the gym to stay in shape. Also get most of the winter off

Old 06-29-2009, 10:06 PM
2nd Gear

yeah.. and that stuff does add up.. i asked my buddy what does he think i have in my build right now and he guessed 5800.. i laughed and told him the truth.. right over 9 grand!! and still not running.. hey.. id go aquamist on the meth kit.. tony at EPL said they are far advanced past all the other kits and they have a fail safe and all build in so no chance for damage to engine stuff...though they are more pricey.. (650)....

Old 06-29-2009, 10:26 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by bigern45
yeah.. and that stuff does add up.. i asked my buddy what does he think i have in my build right now and he guessed 5800.. i laughed and told him the truth.. right over 9 grand!! and still not running.. hey.. id go aquamist on the meth kit.. tony at EPL said they are far advanced past all the other kits and they have a fail safe and all build in so no chance for damage to engine stuff...though they are more pricey.. (650)....
I was looking at vast's kit (devilsown i think) but i would definitly consult tony before making that buy, seeing as i will be getting EPL's fueling and a custom tune. Initally i wanted to wrap this up and get tuned this august or september but it dosnt make sense to do it right before winter. If i wait, i can put alot more money into the car and ill be alot happier.

I dont even want to know my total expenses, at least $6500. It will easily be $10,000 by the time im tuned. Not including a new set of wheels and brakes. I just hate seeing the money go and not having anything to show (read: ER's and downpipes). If that **** dosnt come in next week im gonna be some pissed off

Quick Reply: Missing something....