S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

New probelm! still wont start.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 10:17 AM
1st Gear
Default New probelm! still wont start.

So we thought she was not starting because she wasnt getting the fuel. We bypassed the problem and ran the fuel pump, tried to turn her over and no good. We checked the plugs and they were not firing. I have read threads about the ECU going and as of right now that is my strongest guess. Is there anything else that would cut off fuel and firing? Any thoughts? Its been sitting for a month and I need to do something, I am at school and very far away from a decent mechanic especially one that knows audi's, so I am begging for your guys wonderful intellect, lol.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:49 AM
2nd Gear

I would try an ECU. Mine just went bad at 87,XXX And I had to use a stock box and send mine back to APR. They Fixed it and re programed it in less then one day for the price of shipping.

When your key is in the on position do you have a CEL? (Not started, just in the on position)

Old 11-07-2008, 07:33 PM
1st Gear

I've seen problems like this when a battery is going bad. I've experienced it first hand on two car where all lights and interior electronic would work just fine but the care would not start. If you have spare battery and or jumper cable give it a try with another car and see if it helps. It's a easy thing to try if know one else has mentioned these...

By the way when you say it doesn't start, does it sound like it's cranking or just no sound at all? Fill us in with exactly what happens when you try and start the car.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:07 AM
1st Gear

Well it cranks, but it wont fire. As I said before I think it might be the ECU cause it messed up my fueling and firing, but i will check my battery tomorrow. how can i get my hands on a stock ECU? thanks for the help guys, i will keep you up to date.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:48 AM
1st Gear

can someone point me in the right direction for a 2001.5 ecu? i will constantly check the for sale section but I was just going to ask if you guys new where i could get a stock one cause it would be cheaper.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:47 PM
1st Gear

You said your plugs are not firing? Like none of them? Do you have voltmeter? I would check the coilpacks and Ignition Control Module and see if they are getting any type of signal. I'm not saying you are work but ECU would be expensive and it would be best to go step by step.

If anything check out here for parts for sale... you might find something local http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=529

Old 11-17-2008, 10:09 AM
1st Gear

I just replaced one of the ICMs not too long ago so I will check the other one. And to my knowledge known of them are firing, if that helps. What can stop the fuel pump and stop the firing at the same time? Cause that is what has been happening. Thanks for the help. I will let you know how it goes.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:05 PM
1st Gear

com to think of it, are both of those sensors ontop of the airbox ICM?